Genesys PureCloud Review: Sleek UI
Genesys brings together call operations, CRM, and workforce management in an easy-to-deploy SaaS solution
Genesys is a multi-national customer experience and call centre technology provider, with offices across Canada, Latin America, Europe, Australia, Africa, and Asia. Founded in 1990, Genesys has changed hands a number of times, first acquired by Alcatel and then by Permira and Technology Crossover Ventures. Across this journey, the company has retained its robust market positioning as a collaboration tools company, with a revenue of USD 2 billion as of 2016.
To further reinforce its capabilities, Genesys has acquired a number of companies over the years including Select IBM assets, employee performance technologies, and social media analytics providers. Today, Genesys boasts of an end-to-end suite of contact centre tools, spanning PureCloud, PureConnect, and PureEngage.
In this review, we are looking at Genesys PureCloud in greater detail.
Inside Genesys PureCloud
Genesys PureCloud is a cloud-based contact centre application with a keen focus on customer experience quality. Its easy to install, highly scalable, and can be adapted to a wide range of business scenarios. The solution is built on Genesys’ unique cloud technology that leverages AI and SaaS to simplify contact centre management.
Let’s now review the features of Genesys PureCloud and how they help contact centres perform better:
- Calling facilities – Standard calling requirements are covered by Genesys PureCloud, including automated call distribution (ACD) status visualisation, outbound dialling, audio conferencing, call records, cloud IP PBX, and video calls. All of this is packaged into a modern and minimalist user interface, making Genesys PureCloud truly next-gen ready
- Performance analytics – Genesys PureCloud comes with a host of analytics reports available out-of-he-box, like speech analytics, supervisory analytics, call quality, and lots more
- Omnichannel integrations – It’s Genesys PureCloud’s flexibility of integrations that make it a standout product in today’s crowded contact centre marketplace. You can consolidate communications on SMS, email, voice, and even social media on a single hub. Agents can seamlessly switch from one platform to another, carrying on the customer conversation without missing a beat. One could even argue that Genesys PureCloud is as good as a CRM tool in this aspect
- Workforce management – You can easily prioritise and delegate incoming service requests to the right agents – in addition to empowering your workforce with built-in collaboration tools. For example, agents can share screens, send files, and hold conferences all from within the Genesys PureCloud platform. There is also a dedicated workforce management module that lets you monitor schedule adherence, time off requests, and task allocation
- Security – Contact centres deal with large volumes of sensitive customer information every day. This makes a strong security stance a must-have for any cloud-based contact centre solution. Genesys PureCloud has you covered in this regard with GDPR and HIPAA compliance, as well as PCI DSS – Secure IVR, and PCI DSS – Secure Pause tools
- Microservices architecture – Genesys PureCloud is built on a unique microservices architecture that breaks down the solution into hundreds of modular services. This means that the failure of a single service won’t impact the solution as a whole, ensuring you can carry on business as usual
Why Genesys PureCloud Makes A Difference
Genesys PureCloud has several things going for it. To begin with, its experience-led operating principle is a big plus in today’s customer-centric economy. Genesys wants to help you deliver superior service quality to your customers, and boost your bottom line in return. Second, Genesys has partnered with AWS to provide geographic redundancy across the globe – effectively disaster-proofing your contact centre. Finally, the smart combination of call management, CRM, and HR is particularly relevant for mid-sized organisations looking to holistically improve their outcomes.
We found Genesys PureCloud’s omnichannel integrations pretty effective when it comes to creating a seamless customer journey, interacting via phone, email, chat, social media, or all of the above. This, we believe, will be essential as enterprises look at bridging the gap between contact centres and CRM.
What We Think
Right out of the box, Genesys PureCloud brings a UI that’s simple, and easy-to-use. Its social media-like navigation, embedded chat, and collaboration capabilities encourage agent engagement and productivity. If you’re looking for a solution that does nearly everything extremely well, take a look at Genesys PureCloud. And, the fact that it is priced at a competitive GBP 53 per agent per month definitely helps.