Plantronics Introduces Voyager 6200 UC Headset
Company now offers the industry’s widest range of stereo Bluetooth devices with active noise cancellation
Plantronics, an audio pioneer and communications technology leader, this week introduced Voyager 6200 UC, the company’s latest addition to its flagship Voyager family of enterprise headsets. The new neckband wearing style features Bluetooth wireless connectivity, a boomless design with comfort-fit earbuds, active noise cancellation (ANC), and integration with major UC applications. With the addition of Voyager 6200 UC to its line-up, Plantronics is now offering professionals the widest range of stereo Bluetooth devices with ANC of any vendor in market.
“Accommodating individual employee workstyles is becoming increasingly important, especially when it comes to retaining millennial and Gen Y talent,” said Alaa Saayed, ICT Principal Analyst, Frost & Sullivan.
“By offering a wide choice of headsets and letting people choose their preference, IT and line of business managers can create a solid win-win scenario; optimising the UC and collaboration experience overall for the company, and engendering goodwill with highly valuable personnel.”
“We continue to hear that noise and distraction are the number one pain-points for office professionals,” said Gavin Sear, Global Product Marketing at Plantronics.
“The best way to get people to embrace technology that can help them communicate and collaborate better is by offering choices that speak to their individual workstyle as well as their lifestyle, whether they’re in or out of the office. The Voyager 6200 UC delivers this versatility with business-grade audio to a new group of users that find existing headset and headphone offerings too limiting.”
The Voyager 6200 UC offers a unique combination of features and benefits unlike any other neckband headset with earbuds on the market, including:
- Four omni-directional microphones that listen to sound from all directions and deliver a professional-grade audio experience on both sides of the call, without a microphone boom, via Plantronics “clear talk technology”
- Active and passive noise cancellation, ensuring focus when surrounded by noise and distractions both in and out of the office
- Wideband audio delivering clear PC calls and premium hi-fi stereo, which is especially important when listening to music
- Versatile design, allowing users to listen to calls or media in stereo or simply drop either earbud for single ear use and to be more aware of their surroundings; the neckband discreetly vibrates to indicate an incoming call or alert
- Certification for Microsoft Skype for Business; compatibility with Cisco Jabber, Microsoft Teams and numerous software apps
- The ability to pair up to eight devices and connect to two simultaneously for easy audio management
- Class 1 Bluetooth, providing a wireless range up to 30 metres/98 feet
- Dynamic mute alert, ensuring optimal productivity by sensing and alerting users via an in-ear whisper if they talk while muted
- Up to 9 hours of talk time, and up to 16 hours of listening time, to communicate and collaborate all day
- Compatibility with Plantronics Manager Pro, an additional purchase, that enables IT teams to gain insight into every compatible Plantronics headset being used company-wide
Voyager 6200 UC and Plantronics Manager Pro
Voyager 6200 UC is fully supported by Plantronics Manager Pro, which allows IT managers to monitor, manage and maintain devices company-wide, including usage and acoustic analysis. This includes the ability to configure the user experience, manage firmware deployments, and harvest predictive analytics to detect compatibility issues before they become critical. Plantronics Manager Pro is available as a subscription service, sold separately from the Voyager family.
Pricing and Availability
Voyager 6200 UC is available in black and sand colours through Plantronics authorised partners and will have an MSRP of €279.95 / £249.95
Plantronics is an audio pioneer and a global leader in the communications industry. We create intelligent and adaptive solutions that support our customers’ most important needs: experiencing and facilitating simple and clear communications while enjoying distraction-free environments. Our solutions are used worldwide by consumers and businesses alike, and are an optimal choice for open office environments. From Unified Communications and customer service ecosystems, to data analytics and Bluetooth headsets, Plantronics delivers high-quality communications solutions that our customers count on today, while relentlessly innovating on behalf of their future.