AudioCodes 405HD Review: Simple and Efficient Deskphone
Introducing AudioCodes' entry-level phone
The deskphone continues to be one of the most essential accessories for any modern business. Even as new communication strategies emerge, from instant messaging to video chat, many companies continue to rely on their deskphones for colleague collaboration and customer service.
AudioCodes, a leader in the development of high-quality IP phones and technology devices, serves businesses large and small with their 400HD IP phone portfolio – a selection of easy-to-use and feature-rich handsets. The 405HD IP phone is the entry-level phone for organisations using Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business and for users in need of simple and effective communication.
Features & Benefits
The 405HD IP Phone from AudioCodes is an efficient, cost-effective phone equipped with all the essential features a modern business needs. The device comes with the high-quality voice calls over IP that customers have come to expect from the AudioCodes brand, as well as:
- Dual 1GB Ethernet
- Certified Skype for Business Support and compatible with Microsoft Teams
- Silk HD code for great voice quality
- USB connections for headset
- 4 soft keys
- Backlit graphical LCD display
- AudioCodes auto provisioning
- Also available as an open SIP device
- Power over Ethernet
- Robust security
- Voice quality monitoring integration
- Duplex speakerphone integration
The 405HD phone from AudioCodes also comes with all the capabilities available within the rest of the AudioCodes 400HD series, including centralised management with the AudioCodes IP Phone Manager, and out of the box global redirection support.
- Power Requirements: Integrated Power over Ethernet or AC 100V-240V, +12V DC, 1A Power adapter (450HD: +12V DC, 2A)
- Network Interface: 10/100/1000 Base-T 2 LAN RJ-45
- Wideband Audio: G.722, Opus, SILK2
- VoIP and Signalling, Presence, SIP Subscribe Notify, SIP, DNS_SRV, MWI. SOP
- Security: Configuration file encryption, SIP over SRTP and TLS, 802.1x, HTTPS, PC Port disable
- Data protocols: QoS/ToS, HTTP/TTPS/DHCP, CDP/LLDP, UDP, RTCP-XR, SRTP, TCP, IPv4, ICMP, VLAN, LDAP, FTP/TFTP, Static IP, 802.1x, IEEE 802.1p/Q,
- Telephony Interface: DHSG, RJ-9 Headset Jack, USB port for headset,
- Management and provisioning: Configuration updates via HTTPS, HTTP, TFTP, FTP, and DHCP options, Provision URL via SIP, Web server, Mass Deployment with Global server
Target Market & Regional Availability
AudioCodes IP telephony solutions are available globally. If you’d like to get in touch with AudioCodes you can find your local office.
How to Buy & Pricing
To purchase a 405HD AudioCodes IP phone, contact one of AudioCodes’ dedicated network of channel partners. The MSRP for the 405HD is a very competitive $117.
FAQ & Finishing Thoughts
Many organisations use Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business as their collaboration tool. However, not all users within these organisations need executive deskphones such as the premium models in the AudioCodes range (445HD and 450HD – link to reviews here). For users with simpler communication requirements or where common area phones are required, the 405HD is a perfect solution. It’s cost effective, robust, delivers high voice quality using the best audio codecs and is easy to use. What’s more, like all of the other IP phones in the AudioCodes range, it can be provisioned and managed centrally using IP Phone Manager. Simple.
Have you tried the 405HD IP phone from AudioCodes yet?