Tom Arbuthnot from Modality Systems joins Patrick to discuss the latest news on the Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business platforms that came out in June.
Microsoft Teams now meets the compliance standard to be used by the US Government. Tom explains the details and this progression enables a whole new sector of potential users to the platform.
Tom also explains how Teams will soon be available generally as a bespoke application on the Microsoft Surface Hub. Microsoft’s widely popular collaboration and communication device has up until now been without dedicated Teams functionality. That is now in the final stages of approval and testing so should be generally available within the next few months.
The pod also touch on the phones that are now specially compatible with Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business. A new raft of Android phones will be specifically designed and certified for the Teams UI.
Finally Patrick sniggers as Tom provides the details on Microsoft calling plans which currently do not enable calls to premium rate numbers. Surprisingly there are legitimate reasons for calling premium rate numbers and Tom provides some examples and an update on Microsoft’s announcement to open this up in the countries it’s not currently available in.
Listen on your daily commute, whilst walking the dog, or in the gym. UC Today – The Out Loud Microsoft Monthly provides bite size podcasts, bringing you all of the latest Microsoft collaboration news.
Rate, review, share on Apple Podcasts, and Buzzsprout, and join the conversation on LinkedIn, Twitter and email.
Presenter and Tech Journalist Patrick Watson and expert guest Tom Arbuthnot.
More Microsoft Teams Articles
- Modality Systems Teams Accelerator – Implement Collaboration Fast
- Microsoft Teams – eDiscovery Services for Meetings/Calling
- With a Little Help from Your Friends: The Rise of Collaboration in 2018
- From Outages to New Funding: It’s Been a Strange Summer for Slack
- First-Class Solutions for Microsoft – Teamline by StarLeaf
- Welcoming the Rise of Collaboration Software
- Microsoft Announces Teams Feature Parity with Skype for Business
- RingCentral Glip Review: Consumer Functionality with Enterprise Security
- Ready to Try Message Translation in Microsoft Teams?
- ALE Rainbow Review: Chasing the Collaboration Pot of Gold