OXO ConnectTM is the most recent selection of highly scalable, and reliable converged communications platforms brought to you by Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise. Though this company is well-known for its exceptional UC strategies, the OXO Connect system is designed specifically to support the growth of small to mid-sized businesses.
The OXO Connect launched a new era for smaller organisations hoping to extend their business communications with cloud-based collaboration services . Here at UC Today, we were keen to get our hands on the system and give it a try.
Disclaimer: The opinions in this article belong to the writer. UC Today do not sell Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise products and invite you to share your own thoughts in the comments section.
The Features of “OXO Connect”
OXO Connect is a next-generation communication server designed and delivered by Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise. It works on a hybrid cloud model that connects to Rainbow, the unified communications and collaboration cloud service from Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise and is well-suited to business agility. The full SMB offering includes:
- Rainbow cloud-based collaboration services
- A phone system with flexible IP, analogue and digital connectivity capabilities and a built-in Rainbow connector
- Connectivity to ALE’s remote management cloud service
- Wireless and wire-line business phones
- Customer welcome including professional greetings, integrated call routing, and voicemail
- Desktop and smartphone applications for productivity
- A series of LAN switches and WLAN access points designed for high performance and simplicity
OXO Connect is the heart of ALE’s SMB solution and it’s easy to install, maintain, and run. Not only does it meet with various SMB needs with features for between 5 and 300 users, but it also enables a selection of network configuration choices. Features include:
- Rainbow collaboration services including group chat as well as instant messaging, audio, video, screen share sessions and meetings, conferencing services with worldwide points of presence
- Connectivity to the Rainbow cloud offering unified enterprise presence, click-to-call, screen-pop, call log with business phones
- All communication features of OmniPCX Office, the previous generation of ALE’s phone system including multi-line telephony, call recording, queuing, call back, emergency call built-in voice messaging, greeting and routing
- Hot desking features for phones in shared desks
- Visual mailbox access
- Audio conferencing
- Workgroup and Audio Notifications
- Simplified UC management
- Plug and Play with zero-touch deployment of LAN switches
- All-in-one scalability to 300 users
- Call recording, queuing, call back, emergency call
- Enterprise presence
- Multi-line telephony
- Unified instant messaging
- Workgroup and Audio Notifications
What We Like About Alcatel-Lucent OXO Connect
Designed for the small business with limited time and a restricted budget, OXO Connect is easy to maintain, use and install. The system responds to the ever-changing needs of the SMB market and is backed by a selection of Alcatel Lucent Enterprise products. Some of our favourite features include:
- Integration with Rainbow collaboration cloud service: Rainbow is available as a freemium offer including group chat, enterprise presence, file and screen sharing that can also be unified with business phones, making it a smooth for SMBs to extend their business communications with collaboration services
- Customisable Greetings: OXO Connect includes free day and night greetings to make sure that your customers always get see a professional image of your company. This is great for an era when customer experience and satisfaction is key to success.
- Cheaper Calls: The OXO Connect system allows customers to connect to various SIP trunking services. This means that you can choose the provider that’s best for your budget and preferences.
- Enable Remote Working: The versatility and flexibility of the IP Technology and Rainbow Cloud connection with OXO Connect means that workers can get access to their phone system services wherever they are.
- A host of useful features: OXO Connect makes it easier to effectively manage phone traffic in the small business environment with various features as standard, including hold, speed-dial, and mute.
- 3 Years of Upgrades: OXO Connect offers a simple licensing strategy built around a Universal Telephony License and a brand-new service which allows ALE to support their customers with three years of free software upgrades.
Who Is Alcatel-Lucent OXO Connect For?
The business space is becoming increasingly competitive, and Alcatel OXO Connect provides smaller companies with the high-quality connections they need to get ahead. Alcatel-Lucent’ OXO Connect is ideal for those in search of hybrid communication solutions that can scale and adapt to their business.
UC Today Opinion
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise’s OXO Connect system is designed for those who want to make the most of both worlds – with both on-premises systems and cloud solutions for agility and scalability. It’s a great opportunity for smaller organisations that want to make sure licensing and price don’t stop them from achieving great communication features.
Want to learn more? Visit the OXO Connect webpage.
Have you tried OXO Connect for yourself? What did you think about it? Did you agree with our assessment? Share your opinions in the comments below!
More articles from the Series
- Small Business UC&C: BroadSoft Hosted PBX Review
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise: OXO Connect Review
- Small Business UC&C: Avaya IP Office Review
- Choosing the Right Deployment Model for Your Small Business UC
- Selecting the Best Unified Communications Platform for Your Small Business
- Small Business Unified Communications & Collaboration – March 2018 Technology Track
Article sponsored by:
A great opportunity for smaller organisations that want to make sure licensing and price don't stop them from achieving great communication features.