The world of work is changing.
Increasingly, experts around the world spend less time in a physical “workplace” and more time completing projects and achieving results through digital solutions. In fact, 50% of the UK workforce should be working remotely by the end of 2020.
The good news is that a diverse and mobile staff has the power to deliver greater efficiency, productivity, and satisfaction to the career environment. The bad news is that this shift in work patterns brings with it a series of challenges for organisations to face. For instance, how do you make sure that everyone in your business is using the same unified communications channels to collaborate on projects, connect with customers, and record data?
The simple answer could be “UCaaS,” or unified communications as a service. UCaaS solutions host your communication strategies on the cloud, enabling companies to develop an extensive infrastructure for their comms, without the need for physical space or a lot of initial expense.
What is UCaaS, and What Can It Do?
Like many “as a service” technologies, UCaaS is an internet-based solution delivered with a paid-monthly or annual subscription. Depending on your chosen setup, you may be able to start rolling your services out within a few hours.
Products in the UCaaS space differ, but their defining feature is always their exceptional flexibility. If you’re looking for a communication system that’s easy-to-manage, secure, scalable, and future-proof, then UCaaS is the way forward. As digital transformation (DX) trends continue, UCaaS helps you to maximise the efficiency and productivity of your IT solutions within an expanding and changing mobile workforce.
For many big-name brands already, UCaaS has played a significant role in reducing enterprise conferencing, voice and video calling expenses, while boosting efficiency and productivity.
The Benefits of Investing in UCaaS
Of course, choosing to switch your on-premises and legacy communication systems for a cloud-based solution is no small decision. That’s one of the reasons that so many vendors are beginning to embrace “hybrid” solutions in the UCaaS environment, designed to support bigger enterprises that don’t feel comfortable giving up on their legacy equipment just yet.
Still, whether you’re planning on making the move to the cloud completely, or taking things one step at a time, you’ll need to know the benefits that UCaaS can offer to sell it to your C-Suite. Here are just some of the advantages of a UCaaS strategy:
- Versatility: UC as a Service offers real-time access to a suite of crucial services in your communication infrastructure. Anyone with a connection and a user account will be able to access everything from instant messaging solutions to VoIP, data sharing and conferencing. Because UCaaS works on the cloud, it’s naturally versatile, and systems are available to access on a broad range of devices, from smartphones to tablets and desktops
- Mobility: As mentioned above, one of the biggest trends pushing the digitisation of the workforce today, is the demand for mobility. There are more remote workers today than ever before. UCaaS allows businesses to connect with and support employees wherever they are – meaning that your staff can still be as productive as ever when away from the office
- Scalability: Another benefit of a cloud-based service like UCaaS, is that it’s naturally scalable. You pay for what you use, which means that you can scale your resources up and down depending on your needs. This could be perfect for companies with seasonal changes in staff
- Reliability: UCaaS shields modern organisation against the threats of unexpected downtime with superior reliability and top-performing data centres. If you can’t afford to lose your connection for even a moment, UCaaS can help to keep your communication strategy running smoothly
- Simplicity: UCaaS allows for real-time collaboration between all the experts in your organisation – offering a hub point for strategy, and operations to connect. What makes the solution extra-special, is the fact that it makes this connectivity simple. Your UCaaS provider will deal with all the maintenance and updating tasks on your behalf so that you can focus on other important projects instead
Embracing the Agile Future with UCaaS
As technologies and trends in the communication environment continue to evolve, UCaaS offers instant access to the agile world for modern companies. With a UCaaS strategy, you can enjoy 24/7 functionality with your communication infrastructure – giving remote teams across the globe the same tools they need to interact seamlessly with fellow staff members.
Increasingly, your employees are moving away from restrictive technologies and processes that tie them to their desk. In fact, around 80% of employees perform “deskless” work each day. In a world where being tied to a specific environment can often hold a business back, UCaaS could be the best way to get ahead of the curve and maintain your competitive nature.
- Attract and Retain Millennials with UCaaS
- Don’t Pass on CPaaS: Tackling CPaaS and Communication APIs
- Connecting Cloud Communications and SD-WAN
- Sweat your PBX: The Road to UCaaS Success
- The Future of Work: UCaaS and the Age of Agility
- Cloud Communications – July 2018 Technology Track
Cloud Communications Series Sponsors
RingCentral is more flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, empowering today’s mobile and distributed workforce to communicate, collaborate, and connect from anywhere, on any device.
Ribbon’s industry-leading solutions portfolio ranges from applications platforms and clients, call controllers, media gateways, session border controllers, policy and routing, to cloud communications “as a Service” solutions
Natterbox is a British telecommunications company, based in Croydon, London. It delivers a global Cloud Telephony Platform which provides end to end telephony services embedded and managed within the Salesforce Platform.