Vonage is a popular communications company known for offering cloud-hosted VoIP systems to businesses of all shapes and sizes. The Vonage Business Cloud is designed specifically for small and mid-market businesses, with exceptional levels of flexibility, scalability, and agility.
Because it’s delivered through the cloud, the Vonage Business Cloud phone system allows employees to connect to a range of powerful features from anywhere, regardless of what device they might be using. There’s also a range of package options to choose from.
As a small company ourselves, we were keen to get our hands on the Vonage solution here at UC Today and give you our opinion on how it works to deliver productivity and performance.
Disclaimer: This article is based on opinion only. We do not sell Vonage products, and welcome you to share your own thoughts in the comments below.
The Features of Vonage Business Cloud
Vonage provides business phone services for a selection of small, midsize, and larger businesses. In fact, they pride themselves on their ability to serve customers, regardless of whether they’re looking for 2, or 2,000 connections.
The Vonage Business Cloud is best suited for the small and mid-market business environment, where installing a great deal of on-premises technology might not be the most cost-effective solution. There’s no equipment to install, and everything is managed through a secure online portal.
Standard features include:
- Call announcing and ID blocking
- Call screening
- Do not Disturb
- Click to call
- Follow Me
- Music on Hold
- Virtual Receptionist
- Call conference
- Text messaging
- Directory assistance
Depending on the plan you choose, you may also pay for some extra features such as call recording, virtual mailboxes, visual voicemail, and more.
Vonage Business Cloud Pricing
Since Vonage knows that all brands are different, they provide a selection of pricing packages to choose from. The three available options are:
- Business Standard: This comes with 1,000 minutes to UK mobiles and landlines and the ability to keep your existing number or choose a new one. Voicemail and auto-attendant are included
- Business 1000: This option comes with the same 1,000 minutes, as well as the ability to receive and make calls on multiple devices. There’s also “Instant Group Call” in the package
- Business Unlimited: This option comes with “unlimited” calls, the voicemail solution, instant group, and auto-attendant features
What We Like About the Vonage Business Cloud
The Vonage Business Cloud phone system is perfect for those who don’t want to be tethered to their desks. You can connect to your VoIP strategy from any device and choose the additional features that appeal to you on an ad-hoc basis. Some of our favourite features include:
- Compatibility: Vonage has its own mobile app available for Android and iOS devices. This means that you can make and receive calls from a business line, connect with your voicemail messages, and even instant-message co-workers all from your phone. It’s ideal for the rise of the BYOD workplace
- Auto attendant: The Vonage Business Cloud allows companies to record their own personalised greetings for callers and provide them with a range of options so that they can actively direct themselves towards the right team member or department. It’s great for a self-service-focused consumer base
- Reliability: Vonage offer a 5 Nines, or 99.999% uptime guarantee. With 13 different data centres around the country, and a host of redundancies to improve continuity, you can rely on Vonage to keep your business running smoothly
- Integration: All users in the Vonage Business Cloud also get access to Amazon Chime, which is great for video and audio conferencing for up to 100 people
- Call Recording: You can access unlimited storage to record your calls for compliance and data management purposes. Your recordings will also be stored in the UK, and accessible for 6 months after you create them
- Flexibility: Vonage business customers can choose the strategy that’s right for them, with access to more than 40 different professional features for collaboration and communication
Who is Vonage Business Cloud for?
The Vonage Business Cloud is intended for small to mid-sized businesses. It runs entirely on your internet connection, with a system managed through an online portal. There’s no hardware to install, and no difficult upgrades to manage.
UC Today Opinion
If you’re looking for a simple and scalable solution to small and mid-market business connectivity, then Vonage Business Cloud could be the ideal option.
Great for those who want to take advantage of the agility and flexibility of the cloud, Vonage permits companies to essentially design their own communication and collaboration system. You can customise your plan on a whim, add lines, and manage your account through an online portal – available anywhere.
Have you tried Vonage Business Cloud? Tell us what you think about it in the comments below!
More articles from the Series
- Small Business UC&C: Communicating Across Multiple Locations
- UC Today Guide: Team Collaboration Apps for Your Small Business
- How to Enable Remote Working in a Small Business
- Layers of Success with Avaya’s Small Business Proposition
- Vonage Business Cloud Phone System Review
- Small Business UC&C: Ericsson-LG iPECS UCP Review
- Small Business UC&C: BroadSoft Hosted PBX Review
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise: OXO Connect Review
- Small Business UC&C: Avaya IP Office Review
- Choosing the Right Deployment Model for Your Small Business UC
Article sponsored by:
Ease of Use
Great for those who want to take advantage of the agility and flexibility of the cloud, Vonage permits companies to essentially design their own communication and collaboration system.