CLX Communications Launches Guide to GDPR & Enterprise Messaging
Designed to help businesses using A2P SMS messaging navigate the new and far-reaching regulation
Global CPaaS provider, CLX Communications has announced the launch of its comprehensive guide to GDPR and enterprise messaging.
With less than one month to go until GDPR becomes mandatory for every business that uses, processes or stores personal data, the guide takes a detailed look at enterprise messaging, and the impacts of the GDPR regulation, providing a concise ‘need-to-know’ guide for all in the industry.
Designed to help businesses using A2P SMS messaging navigate the new and far-reaching regulation, the guide provides explanation and practical advice on key areas:
- GDPR defined roles – where companies in the messaging eco-system fit as a Data Processor, Controller or Sub-Processor
- What qualifies as personal data within enterprise messaging, including message content, as well as addressing data such as MSISDN and IMSI numbers
- The importance of Data security
The rights of EU Citizens under the GDPR are also covered, including how messaging relates to informed consent, transparency on how data is stored, what it will be used for, the right to data portability, and the right to be forgotten.
The routing and location of personal data are also examined since GDPR applies to companies both within the EU and outside it.
In March 2018, CLX launched its own GDPR compliant messaging infrastructure that guarantees message data remains within the European Economic Area (EEA). They also launched a specific routing class that ensures messages sent to Data Subjects (consumers) in the EU, will only use mobile network operators located within the EU, without needing to hand-off any data to third parties.
Robert Gerstmann, Chief Product Officer at CLX commented: “For just about every enterprise the GDPR is uncharted territory. The CLX Enterprise Messaging Guide explains, in granular detail, the far-reaching regulation and how, within the enterprise messaging sphere, compliance can be achieved.
“CLX has also worked exhaustively on ratifying our own technology platforms so that the /unified-communications/cpaas services we provide for our enterprise customers, in terms of GDPR, are robust and future-proof.”
The CLX Guide to Enterprise Messaging can be downloaded via the CLX website.
CLX Communications and GDPR
CLX has spent the last 12 months preparing for the GDPR deadline of May 25th. The company’s comprehensive set of measures and checks include:
- The provision of a GDPR compliant enterprise messaging infrastructure that guarantees all personal data flowing across it remains in the EU
- GDPR trained support teams located within the EU to ensure data does not leave the EEA inadvertently through the support process
- Restricting the time that log files are stored to the absolute minimum, after which all data is anonymized
- Signing Data Protection Agreements with all CLX customers and suppliers
- Ensuring that Data Subjects can request that their data be reviewed, deleted or modified if required
About CLX Communications
CLX Communications (CLX) is a leading CPaaS provider to enterprises and mobile operators. CLX’s mobile communication services enable companies to quickly, securely and cost-effectively communicate globally with customers and connected devices – Internet of Things (IoT).