Nimans’ Resellers Head to the Cloud with Unify
Learning how a dramatic shift in working behaviour can save billions in lost productivity
Nimans’ resellers from across northern England flocked to a special workshop as Unify lifted the lid on its new cloud-based communications solution – and highlighted how workers can save on average 11 days each year, by embracing greater levels of collaboration.
The OpenScape Cloud Sales Enablement Workshop revealed why UK professionals should abandon traditional email-based behaviour and switch to more integrated and intuitive software. Resellers heard how this can save on average 45 minutes a day and slash the 80 billion commuter miles travelled annually, where £9bn is lost to the economy due to congestion.
Held at Nimans’ Trafford Park training academy on the outskirts of Manchester attendees learned how to position and sell Unify’s latest cloud-based solution which seamlessly operates with its ground breaking team collaboration tool, Circuit.
Stuart Trigg, Unify’s UK Distribution Account Director, was joined by Andrew Cheel, Circuit Customer Success Director, who revealed:
- Subscription-based technology is seven times more valuable than upfront CAPEX investment
- By 2020 Gartner predicts the UK collaboration and communication space will be worth £31bn
- 47% of time is spent orchestrating work rather than performing it
- The average commuter spends £47,000 travelling across their career
- 90% of technology in meetings causes technical or user problems
- Just 16% of conference meetings use video
- Email remains the number one communication tool with an average of 112 messages received each day
But Andrew said productivity could be massively increased if less time was spent in email and workers transacted and connected in a more efficient and collaborated way such as through Circuit.
He estimated 45 minutes a day could be saved which equated to 11.6 working days each year even if workers only invested half of their saved time back into the business. He explained how Circuit can be used at the smaller end of the market (as well as up to thousands of users) and is suitable for all vertical sectors. It is proven in a typical business to change behaviour:
- After eight days workers used the full tool set
- After two months email usage noticeably changed especially internal messages
- After one month the frequency of adhoc meetings increased by 10%
- After three months video usage increased by 17%
- After three months screen sharing of documents etc involving external parties rose by 26%
Resellers learned how Unify has a strong cloud pedigree and offers traditional on-premises, hybrid or true hosted solutions based on a ‘triple play’ approach of platform, deployment and payment structure. OpenScape Cloud/Circuit encompasses four options:
- Essential (free)
- Professional (most popular)
“Organisations don’t have the time or money to go on a hunch. Adoption is key to drive productivity. Traditional UCaaS is no longer enough. The consumption model is changing and there are lots of little elements to crack that make a big difference. The time for change is now.”
The workshop ended with information about the importance of connectivity and how Nimans’ Network Services division offers a wealth of high capacity solutions.