In the communication and collaboration environment, today’s businesses are looking for new and improved ways to communicate with dispersed employees around the world. This doesn’t just mean investing in high-quality VoIP, and reliable audio solutions, but also looking for solutions in the world of video conferencing too.
Zoom and BlueJeans are two of the primary options for businesses looking for unique ways to tap into the benefits of calls, meetings, and video connectivity. At the top of their game, the two have seen a lot of comparison in recent years, and we thought we’d look at the products and features each option offers, so you can make a more informed decision about your video needs.
Introducing Zoom and BlueJeans
Zoom is a business that specialises in video conferencing – but that isn’t all it does. There are plenty of other features to explore too, including simple and accessible interfaces that make users feel confident with their new UC set-up. They can even provide solutions for employee training, online meetings, and video webinars for your next industry event. One of the more recent products available from Zoom, the “Zoom Room” has also seen significant adoption.
Like Zoom, BlueJeans also specialises in the world of video conferencing, offering services like online video meetings, huddle rooms, and event support. BlueJeans also offers social broadcasting features, which allows users to cast content into social media. BlueJeans is a leader in their field, offering a diverse range of services and packages to customers from all backgrounds.
BlueJeans vs Zoom: meeting Room Products
Both Zoom and BlueJeans seem to excel at transforming the meeting room space. Whether you’re looking for a small huddle-room solution or something larger, you can find the immersive video and audio conferencing services you need with either one of these vendors.
BlueJeans Meetings is a simple, and effective way for companies to access enterprise-grade video calls with the support of high-definition Dolby audio. Users can connect instantly with customers and coworkers on any mobile device, conference room system, or laptop. BlueJeans Meetings also offers features like:
- One-Click Scheduling: With one click, you can add a video call to any Outlook or Google calendar, without entering codes, passwords, or conference IDs
- Screen Sharing and Collaboration: Share your latest documents and video clicks instantly or share your entire screen
- Dolby Voice Audio: High-quality, high-definition sound with automatic background noise cancellation
- Simple Integrations: Boost productivity with a range of integrations to Skype for Business, Workplace, and Slack
- Cloud Streaming and Recording: Record and share meetings including audio, video, and documentation
- Verified security: Ensure security with a range of safe deployment options
- Room compatibility: Users can join meetings from Polycom, Cisco, Lifesize, and a selection of other SIP-based room software services
Described as the ultimate video conferencing and web conferencing service, Zoom has achieved a fantastic Meeting room solution for their customers. The company actually has a sector-leading net promoter score of 72 according to 2017 surveys. The Zoom Meetings product includes:
- Online Meeting Services: HD audio and video support for up to 500 video participants, with screen sharing and collaboration, features built-in
- Training services: Solutions for co-annotation and whiteboarding, as well as an attention indicator device to keep meeting participants focused
- Technical support: Easy start and join features, remote screen control features and more
- Integrated scheduling: Zoom works with a customer’s in-built scheduling system, including work emails, mobile scheduling, and more
BlueJeans vs Zoom: Room Products
“Rooms” are emerging as a more popular solution for the meeting room space, as companies look for ways to connect everything they need in a conference environment, including whiteboarding, connectivity, and video collaboration. Both Zoom and BlueJeans offer their own unique “Rooms” services:
The BlueJeans Rooms product is intended to help companies transform any business space into a fully-immersive conference room with video and audio support. BlueJeans Rooms allow connections with people on any SIP conference room system, as well as users on mobile or desktop devices, these Rooms also include:
- Wireless screen sharing features: Show off your laptop screen anywhere in the conference room
- Google and Microsoft Calendar Integration: Establish follow-up meetings that suit everyone’s schedule
- Universal setup features: The simple user interface comes with easy-to-read instructions and wrap-up reminders, so there’s no training required
- Central management: Customers can remotely monitor any room in their BlueJeans network and identify issues with a live moderator console
- Support services: Extend the scale of an IT department with the BlueJeans team of global conferencing experts
Based entirely on software, Zoom offers a highly scalable and innovative room experience, complete with integrated audio features, flawless video systems, and wireless content sharing solutions. Some of the features included with Zoom Rooms include:
- Integration with anyone: Anyone can get access to HD video and audio through desktop, mobile, and other conference system devices
- Wireless sharing: There’s no need for dongles and cables, you can simply present content wirelessly from a device or laptop
- One-touch meeting starts: Use voice commands and one-touch meetings to start scheduled conferencing or instant messaging on your calendar system
- Overview and management: View and manage your conference rooms from a single user interface
- Native Integration: Zoom offers easy integration with the Crestron Mercury system for speakers, tablet connectivity, and microphone performance all-in-one
BlueJeans vs Zoom: Plans and Pricing
The software offered by Zoom and BlueJeans on a basic subscription level are similar in a lot of ways. After all, both companies are devoted to offering their customers high-performance audio and video conferencing solutions within a diverse meeting room environment. Of course, one of the ways that customers can more easily choose the service that’s right for them is to look at the pricing and package services available. For instance:
BlueJeans Packages and Pricing:
BlueJeans offers a range of three different pricing and package options, including:
- Me: The system for small businesses and individuals, this product is available for £9.99 per host per month, and it allows for meetings with up to 50 participants, connections from any computer or mobile device, and unlimited meeting durations. There’s also access to high-definition Dolby audio
- My Team: Designed for mid-sized companies, this £13.32 package allows for meetings of up to 75 participants, and comes with cloud meeting recording, a command centre dashboard, and historical meeting analytics. Users can also integrate My Team with HipChat, Skype for Business, and Slack
- My Company: Optimised for the enterprise environment, My Company offers meetings for up to 100 participants, along with room system calendar support, custom branding features, and unlimited cloud reporting. There’s also a service for live meeting control and monitoring
Zoom Packages and Pricing
One area where Zoom differs from its competitors is in its packaging options. Zoom has a basic “free” version available to customers, while many other businesses don’t offer the same service. Zoom’s packages include:
- Basic: This is the free version of Zoom, which hosts up to 100 participants, offers group meetings for up to 40 minutes, and online support. There are unlimited 1-on-1 meetings available, and there is also no limit on how many meetings you can host
- Pro: Available for £11.99 per month, per host, the Pro version of Zoom comes with all the basic features, plus unlimited meeting duration, admin features, user management, reporting, and 1GB of cloud recording
- Business: For small to mid-sized companies, the “Business” package is available for £15.99 a month, and includes dedicated phone support, a vanity URL, an admin dashboard, and the option for on-premise deployment
- Enterprise: Designed specifically for the larger enterprise, this package is available for £15.99 per month, per host, and includes 200 participants, unlimited cloud storage, and a dedicated success manager. There’s also the option for bundle discounts on Zoom Rooms and Webinars
BlueJeans vs Zoom: Which One Should You Choose?
Both Zoom and BlueJeans often get great reviews from users, and they offer a range of similar features to choose from. Of course, if you’re looking to try something out for free before you buy, both companies offer a free trial option.
No matter which contender you choose, you’re sure to find that your enhanced conferencing system boosts collaboration and productivity in your business.
Searching for a Zoom Alternative?