Lifesize Share Review: Presentations Made Simple
Present wirelessly with the innovative Lifesize Share
The rise of trends like mobility, agility and remote working has made the concept of “corded technology” somewhat obsolete. For the most part, today’s forward-thinking companies want solutions that don’t tether them to a specific desk or even the same room in a company building. Freedom is the name of the game in communication and collaboration, and countless vendors are scrambling to deliver the next big thing.
Lifesize, a leader in the video communication space, recently introduced their solution to the modern meeting space. “Lifesize Share” will make it easier for companies to host presentations by eliminating the cords of the standard presentation environment. You don’t need a dongle or a wire to start showing off your content – all you need is a wireless connection.
Features of Lifesize Share
Following the theme of “simplifying” the workplace, Lifesize demonstrates what can be accomplished when scaring takes place with nothing but the right screens. With Lifesize Share, you don’t need a dongle or a cable, all you need is a piece of software, and you’re ready to go.
Features of Lifesize Share include:
- Browser powered: Avoid downloading extra tools by broadcasting via Apple AirPlay or your web browser
- Ultrasonic pairing: Connect to your computer with innovative ultrasonic
- AirPlay: Use the systems you’re familiar with through AirPlay for the Enterprise
- Security: Ensure a secure and encrypted connection point for guests
- High-quality video: Eliminate lag and share video in a seamless stream
- Quick-change multi-user queue: Keep the presentation moving
- Third party integration: Enable wireless sharing via third-party devices
- Simple setup: Plug and play to start your Lifesize Share experience
Benefits of Lifesize Share
Lifesize Share gives today’s companies everything they need to create incredible presentations without complicated cords and extra devices. All you need to do is access your browser to get started, which means no more passing dongles around the room. You can stream from videos online or share what’s on your screen. Benefits include:
- Easy to Use: Add wireless capabilities to your conference instantly and enjoy the same functionality in training or huddle rooms too. You can use your Lifesize Share solution as a standalone device or alongside your other Lifesize video systems
- Highly accessible: The CEO of Lifesize states that the Lifesize Share solution was created to offer more innovation to businesses through a wireless option for presentations and connectivity. This innovative system supports any laptop, smartphone or tablet without the need for added complexity or IT support
- Integration: Whichever operating system you use, connecting to your Lifesize Share solution couldn’t be simpler. Lifesize can even act as a wireless access point for any guests who want to share content with your company and keep information secure at the same time
- Multiple ways to share your screen: Depending on the type of presentation you want to give, Lifesize Share allows you to choose between showing your entire screen, displaying an application window, or opening up a chrome tab display
- AC/DC power
- HDMI cable
- Ethernet cable
- Lifesize Share system
- RJ-45 Network LAN
Support for single display and room systems
- Any display with HDMI input and 1080P quality
- Support for third-party video conferencing systems supporting 1080P resolution, and Lifesize Icon
- 1 HDMI output port
- 1 HDMI input port
- 4 USB 2.0 host ports
- 15mm audio jack
- 1080P presentation resolution
- 30 FPS in presentation mode
- 60 FPS in streaming mode
- Max resolution of 1920 x 1080
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
Browser/ OS support:
- Screen sharing only available via Google Chrome
- Sharing a file or video streaming available via Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer
Target Market & Regional Availability
Lifesize products are available worldwide. Already, countless companies use Lifesize to power their video and audio meeting solutions, including LinkedIn, eBay, Paypal, Netflix, and many others.
The Lifesize Share solution is designed for any company that needs to host presentations quickly and easily, without worrying about extra cords and dongles. As such, the system is excellent for just about any size of business. Even the smallest companies could benefit from a solution that allows them to offer presentations to clients without the need to search for an extra cable.
How to Buy & Pricing
People interested in the Lifesize Share solution can either contact Lifesize to find out more about the system or speak to one of their local resellers. Once you find someone to supply your Lifesize Share system, set up is incredibly easy, so you don’t have to worry about hiring a specialist or getting your IT team involved. Lifesize technology can even detect your computer using its ultrasonic waves.
Prices for Lifesize Share currently start at around £399. Speak to a reseller about your purchasing options.
FAQ & Finishing Thoughts
Lifesize Share is a simple solution to a big problem in the business space. The last thing that today’s agile companies need is to be tripping over wires in their conference rooms or rushing to find dongles before a big presentation. Whether you’re sharing your laptop screen to demonstrate a new product, or playing a full video for your team, Lifesize Share has you covered.
This new solution is set to revolutonise the way that we look at, and work with digital content. Find out more about Lifesize Share on the Lifesize website.
Q: How Easy is it to Use Lifesize Share?
A: Lifesize Share is a plug-and-play solution for wireless presentation and conferencing. You can set your system up within a matter of minutes, and the Lifesize Share device can even detect your computers and tablets for you.
Q: Which operating system do I need to Use?
A: Lifesize Share is designed to be flexible. Regardless of which operating system you use on your laptop, smartphone, or tablet, you’ll be able to connect to the system wirelessly. Even Apple enthusiasts can make the most of the Lifesize integration with Apple Airplay.