Grandstream GXV3370 Review: Simple Video Comms
Exploring the Grandstream IP Video Phone for Android
Video has quickly emerged as a valuable channel in the business communication space. Now that companies around the world are beginning to explore opportunities like remote and flexible working, organisations need a better way of maintaining face-to-face connections with team members, wherever they may be.
Video conferencing ensures that remote and global employees don’t have to miss out on the distinct nuances of body language, and facial expression that can provide greater context in a conversation. The GXV3370 Android IP video phone is the device by Grandstream Networks designed to facilitate faster, more reliable and more cost-effective video meetings in the enterprise.
Features and Benefits of The GXV3370
The GXV3370 is a sensational video conferencing phone designed by Grandstream Networks, a leading communications technology company that has been building state-of-the-art IP phones since 2002. The GXV3370 telephone was designed for enterprise users searching for a way to upgrade their conversations through advanced HD meetings, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and exceptional connectivity speed.
The GXV3370 runs on Android 7.0, and it comes equipped with SDK support so that business developers can build out their video experience with additional custom apps. What’s more, the GXV3370 is also fully interoperable with almost every SIP platform available on the market – including Grandstream’s own portfolio of door systems, video conferencing solutions, security solutions and more. Features of the Grandstream GXV3370 include:
- Support for up to 16 SIP accounts and 16 lines
- Built-in high-quality megapixel camera for HD video calling (privacy shutter included)
- Runs on the advanced Android 7.0 OS
- Built-in Bluetooth connectivity means that adding your Bluetooth headset or smartphone to the conversation is simple
- Dual-band WiFi comes integrated as standard (5GHz and 2.4Ghz)
- Built-in PoE Supports network connectivity and power
- HD acoustic chamber speakerphone with echo cancellation
- Exceptional 4-core 1.3GHz ARM Cortex processor with 8GB Flash and 2GB RAM
- 7-inch 5-point capacitive touch screen
- SRTP and TLS security encryption to defend your business communications
- Support for 7-way audio conferencing and 3-way HD 720p video conferencing
The GXV3370 also comes with telephony features built-in, such as call forwarding, transfer, hold, call park and shared-call appearance. Call recording and logs are also available for compliance and training purposes.
The GXV3370 is particularly well-suited for companies considering the trend of huddle rooms to enhance their business conversations. 3-Way HD video conferencing makes quick, enterprise-grade discussions with team members and clients easier than ever.
- Protocols/Standards: TFTP, STUN, SIMPLE, SSH, PPPoE, LDAP, OpenVPN, RTP/RTCP, ARP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, ICMP, SRTP, LLDP-MED, TR-069, 802.1x, TLS
- Network Interfaces: Dual switched 10/ 100/ 1000 Mbps
- QoS: Layer 2 QoS (802.1Q, 802.1p) and Layer 3 (ToS, DiffServ, MPLS) QoS Graphic Display: 7″ 1024×600 capacitive touch screen (5 points) TFT LCD
- Camera: Tiltable mega-pixel camera with privacy shutter,
- Video Codecs: 3-way video conference (720p@30fps), video resolution up to 720p, up to 30 FPS framerate, anti-flickering, auto exposure, and auto focus, bit rate up to 2Mbps
- Voice Codecs and Capabilities: DTMF out-of-band and in-band (In audio, RFC2833, SIP INFO), G.726-32, iLBC, Opus, VAD, AEC, PLC, AJB, G.729A/B, CNG, AGC, ANS G.711μ/a, G.722 (wide-band),
Target Market & Regional Availability
Though Grandstream’s headquarters is in Boston, MA within the USA, it sells state-of-the-art communication solutions to companies across the globe. The GXV3370 is currently available worldwide through resellers in the Grandstream network. The GXV3370 is specifically well-suited to small and mid-sized companies that need to support quick huddle-room interactions. The 3-person video call capacity makes it ideal for quick, collaborative conversations in almost any vertical.
How to Buy & Pricing
All Grandstream products are sold exclusively through a comprehensive reseller community located across the globe. You can find a price for your GXV3370 video device by speaking to a local reseller in your area or contacting the Grandstream support team for help finding a partner near you. Currently, the average price of the GXV3370 is around £203.05 excluding VAT, or $260.00 for our US neighbours.
FAQ & Finishing Thoughts
The GXV3370 IP video phone on Android is a wonderful piece of high-level technology from Grandstream, ideal for companies that need to expand their communication opportunities to support the evolving digital workplace. The GXV3370 is great for last-minute conference calls and impromptu meetings -, particularly in a huddle room setting. If you’re looking for a way to build a more agile business environment, then the GXV3370 could be a fantastic part of your solution.
The GXV3370 is also highly customisable, as it comes with support for local applications like Call History, File management, Settings, Voicemail, and Recorders, as well as support for third-party app. Currently, Skype for Business, Google Hangouts, and various other applications are supported with the GXV3370.
Q: What’s included in the GXV3370 package?
A: When you purchase the GXV3370 you’ll get the GXV3370 phone, a universal power supply, handset with cord, screen cleaning cloth, network cable, wall mounting bracket, GPL license, and quick installation guide.
Q: Can the GXV3370 Connect with smartphones?
A: The GXV3370 device comes with built-in Bluetooth so that you can sync your video conferencing system up with your smartphone and access call history details, contact books and more. There’s also integrated dual-band Wi-Fi to help you stay connected.
Q: How Secure is the GXV3370?
A: As security becomes more of a crucial consideration for businesses worldwide, Grandstream has invested in the highest level of protection for their GXV3370 video device. The GXV3370 comes with administrator and user-level passwords, MDS-sess and MDS authentication, TLS, SRTP, HTTPS, and 802.1x control, and a 265-bit AES encrypted configuration file.