Enterprise UCaaS: Why Cloud UC is the Way Forward
Get your head in the cloud with UCaaS
Communication in the enterprise isn’t always simple – but it could be. Over the years, modern organisations have begun to discover the benefits of the cloud for various business practices, from data storage to software access. Now, the enterprise has discovered “UC” as a service – the cloud-based approach to combining communications in the cloud.
UCaaS is the agile, scalable, and cost-effective approach to unified communications. In a world that’s transforming at break-neck speed, the “as a service” approach is rapidly gaining popularity among everyone from small businesses, to huge enterprises. For next-generation companies, Unified Communications as a Service could be just as transformative as VoIP once was.
Improving Agility with Cloud UC
As the communication platforms available to people within the enterprise grow more diverse, UC is the obvious way to simplify complicated strategies for connectivity. Whether you’re appealing to a multi-generational workforce with millennial-friendly instant messaging and baby-boomer audio conferencing, or you need a way to integrate new hires into the workforce seamlessly, UCaaS makes communication as simple as clicking on an app.
Now that agility is the mantra of choice for many evolving enterprises, cloud UC allows businesses to adapt and enhance their communication strategies depending on their needs at any given time. With UCaaS, you can add new services to your package, remove unwanted tools, and scale at a pace that suits you, all thanks to the flexibility of the cloud.
The Benefits of Enterprise UCaaS
UCaaS allows companies to start small then deploy and move their resources as necessary. For instance, if your enterprise brings more temporary employees into the mix during seasonal business periods, your UCaaS strategy can be quickly scaled up to suit new demands. Then, when your operations go back to normal, you can scale back again, without wasting any money on on-premise infrastructure.
Hosted UC services mean:
- Reduced expenses: Because they run in the cloud, /unified-communications/ucaas solutions come with minimal capital expenditure. There’s no need to lease new phones or integrate new hardware. It’s even possible to reduce operating costs because you don’t have to invest in on-site infrastructure
- Intelligent use of staff resources: UCaaS allows you to add new features to your UC strategy according to the changing needs of your employees. If you discover that your workforce prefers to use instant messaging instead of voice conferencing, then you can reduce your investment into audio, and focus more heavily on Instant Messaging (IM)
- Enhanced security: Most cloud-based UC services have stringent measures in place to protect your enterprise network from common vulnerabilities. Because updates roll out instantly in the cloud, gaps in your security structure and bugs can be fixed as soon as they’re found, with no need to call a technician
- Streamlined experiences: UCaaS means that your employees can get the same unified communication experience regardless of whether they’re in the office, working remotely, or logging in from a mobile device. Everyone gets the same interface, which boosts productivity.
- Pay-as-you-go: With UCaaS, enterprises get to pay only for the features they use, with a consolidated bill that makes accounting simpler
UCaaS: Communication for the Future
In today’s age of digital transformation (DX), the business case for UCaaS is growing more significant. In fact, IDC predicts that almost three-quarters of the US workforce will be using mobile technology. To stay ahead of the curve, enterprises need a flexible, scalable, and future-ready solution for communication.
UCaaS allows the modern business to choose the communication strategy that suits them. What’s more, it’s the perfect way to prepare for the growing prevalence of remote working in the digital world.