Mitel Introduces Next-Gen Updates
New releases available for UC portfolio
Mitel, the leading supplier of business communication solutions in Western Europe, recently announced a series of updates to their Unified Communications solutions. The upgraded features will offer companies access to more advanced collaboration, voice, and contact centre features, intended to drive better customer experiences and stronger productivity in the workforce.
Unified Communications continues to represent a significant portion of the global communications market, with on-premises, cloud and hybrid deployments representing around 80% of demand for mid-to-large enterprises in 2023. The Mitel MiCollab, MiVoice, and MiContact Centre solutions are designed to address all aspects of the UC demand, with a range of flexible deployment options. Mitel is the only brand recognised in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Contact Centre, UCaaS, and UC simultaneously.
What’s New to the UC Suite?
According to the VP of Unified Communications products and solutions at Mitel, Martin Bitzinger, companies in the current business environment are at different stages on their path to the cloud. The collaboration strategies that an individual client needs will depend on their economic and operating models, which means that vendors need to offer flexibility at all stages of the UC experience. Bitzinger noted that regardless of the company size, industry or geographic dispersion, customers with Mitel will be able to access a more seamless communication environment for both new and existing investments.
The newly upgraded capabilities to the UC Suite include:
- MiVoice Office 400: New hardware platform and technology designed for small to mid-sized customers that offers a scalable and future-proof collaboration environment
- MiCollab: Multiple interface enhancements make it easier to meet, talk, and share information with employees through a single-pane-of-glass communication and collaboration experience
- MiVoice MX-One: High-performance, cost-effective gateway introduced with CloudLink support to enable applications, and enhance security for large enterprises
- MiContact Centre and MiContact Centre Enterprise: Advanced omnichannel solutions for MiVoice 500, MX-One, and MiVoice 400 to allow companies to leverage chat, web, social media interactions, voice, and more
- MiVoice Business: Introduction of Next-gen containerisation software to drive faster go-to-market for applications and software upgrades
- Mitel SIP-DECT: New generation of SIP-DECT technology delivers a new portfolio of feature enhancements, and base stations to full line of cordless SIP and IP devices
Tailored Solutions for the Mitel Community
The most recent updates to the Mitel UC portfolio highlight Mitel’s commitment to bringing advanced and customisable communication and collaboration solutions to their customers. Intended to accelerate digital transformation and support innovation, the Mitel roadmap also delivers state-of-the-art security that allows companies to access emerging tech like AI and IoT without compliance concerns.
Mitel customer, Charlotte Dettner of Taxi Stockholm commented that in a complex industry where call volumes and interactions can change rapidly, it’s crucial for her business to remain agile. She believes that the company wouldn’t be able to stay efficient without the flexibility of the communications services delivered by Mitel.