Small Business UC&C: Ericsson-LG iPECS UCP Review
Small business UC&C with iPECS UCP from Pragma
Delivered by the UK’s only Ericsson-LG distributor, Pragma, iPECS UCP is the Ericsson-LG Unified Communications Platform intended to offer flexible and scalable communication solutions to organisations of all shapes and sizes.
Perfect for smaller companies who want to be able to scale their organisation as they grow, iPECS UC Platform delivers a range of features for productivity and efficiency, regardless of what device your employees might be using. There’s also a range of deployment models available for diverse, multi-site environments too.
At UC Today, we had the exciting opportunity to test the Ericsson-LG iPECS out for ourselves. Here’s what we discovered about the platform.
Disclaimer: This article contains opinions that belong to the author alone. UC Today do not sell Ericsson-LG products. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
iPECS Package Options
Because every business is different, Ericsson-LG allow customers to choose between the UC server “standard” built-in deployment model, and the UCP Server “Premium” external system. The Standard service is easy to deploy and cost-effective for small businesses, while the Premium model offers advanced features, greater capacity, and enhanced tools for collaboration.
Customers can also build out their packages with advanced feature offerings such as:
- iPECS Attendant: A front-desk operating console that helps companies to handle high call volumes. This feature comes with call recording, presence, shortcuts, call history, and call statistics
- iPECS NMS: A web-based tool for Network Management offering rapid response to system alarms, delivering remote access, and offering real-time system monitoring
- iPECS IPCR: An integrated call recording and monitoring system for small businesses with contact centres. This feature includes encryption-enabled recording, trunk-based recording, and multi-party conference recording
The Features of Ericsson-LG iPECS:
iPECS is Ericsson-LG’s answer to the growing need for unified communications in the small business and enterprise space. This innovative platform combines a vibrant range of connectivity features with simple out-of-the-box mobility solutions. Features include:
- Alignment with the latest industry-standard, IP, and SIP-based technology
- Integration with digital, analogue and IP networks
- Centralised System management tools for streamlined workflow
- Easy-to-use interfaces, and handsets
- Minimised costs through a simple UC infrastructure with license-based pricing
- UC applications such as web collaboration and presence
- Open SOA for easy scaling and application management on-demand
- High levels of security, and resilience
- Five-Nines Reliability (99.999)
What We Like About iPECS
Perfect for smaller organisations who want access to out-of-the-box unified communications and strategies for remote working, iPECS can help you take your business to the next level. Here are just some of the things we liked the most about this system:
- Ease of Use: iPECS offers a uniquely simple and easy-to-access system for unified communications. You don’t need to undergo special training to tap into new connectivity strategies. Video, conference calls, instant messaging and more are all available on the same easy-to-understand platform.
- Innovation: Your company might be small, but it still needs access to the latest tech solutions. iPECS UCP helps you make the most of the latest tech on the market, including enhanced SIP strategies.
- Reliability: Resilience matters to any company, but it’s particularly important for a small business in the first stages of growth. The Five Nines dependability offered by Ericsson-LG and iPECS is great for peace of mind.
- Scalability: Your business might be small now, but it doesn’t have to stay that way. The iPECS system can grow and deliver greater flexibility as your organisation
- Integration: Want everything in your company to work well together? iPECS is designed to play well with a range of enhanced Ericsson-LG applications and other specialist solutions. It also integrates with Microsoft Outlook too.
Who Is Ericsson-LG iPECS for?
While the flexibility and ease-of-use of iPECS makes it a great solution for smaller business, its scalable nature also means that it can work well with businesses of almost any size. You can simply create the UC service that fits your company.
Want to know more?
Check out Pragma’s website for more iPECS UCP information
UC Today Opinion
As small business solutions for unified communication go, Ericsson-LG’s iPECS is one of the simplest and fastest to implement on the market. Great for those who want all their communication solutions linked together on a single platform, iPECS could enhance your workstream and bring productivity back into your organisation.
How do you feel about iPECS? Do you agree with our review? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below!