OpenScape IP 55G Desk Phone Review: 6 Reasons to Buy the 55G Desk Phone
The latest IP Deskphone solution from OpenScape
OpenScape is Unify’s brand for their portfolio of UC solutions for enterprise-level businesses. As pioneers in the world of UC, OpenScape still offers one of the most complete collections of hardware with fantastic voice, audio conferencing, messaging, and video collaboration solutions. The latest OpenScape Desk Phone IP 55G comes as part of the OpenScape Desk Phone IP Family, to be accessed with HFA or SIP software.
Here are our 6 reasons why you might want to buy the OpenScape IP 55G Desk Phone:
- Simple hands-free communication: With the high-quality microphone and loudspeaker, as well as Bluetooth connectivity, you can walk and move while you communicate on the go.
- Remote administration capabilities: Get everything you need to do done from your very own deskphone thanks to a rich range of built-in applications including graphical call handling, directory access and more.
- Customise your experience: Customise your deskphone experience with a range of USB ports, ethernet switch ports and integrated headset jacks. You can even mount the OpenScape IP 55G Desk Phone on the wall!
- Open Source Software: Upgrade and improve your deskphone thanks to the incredible Open Source software from OpenScape.
- Sophisticated appearance: The OpenScape IP 55G Desk Phone blends perfectly with the elegant design of previous OpenScape phones. It’s sure to look professional in your office setting.
- Clear audio: Make sure that there are no misunderstandings with crystal clear audio whether you’re using your headphones, loudspeaker, or the handset. The 55G Deskphone comes with OpenScape’s patented “AudioPresence” HD technology.
- Supported Codecs:
- Standard based SIP support according to RFC 3261 (with SIP software)
- Full-duplex hands-free talking with high quality housing microphone and loudspeaker
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), Third party call control
- Remote administration
- Built-in applications
- External applications integrated into phone user interface
- 2 ports 10/100/1000 Base-T built-in Ethernet switch
- USB Master for USB memory stick
- Sidecar module support for Key Module 55
- Integrated headset jack
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) according to IEEE 802.3af or external power supply (EU, US and UK power adapters)
- Wall mountable including key modules
Housing, Control elements
- 4-way navigator, plus OK button for navigation and feature control
- Volume adjustment with Plus/Minus keys
- 8 free programmable keys
- 5 fixed keys for built-in applications
- 4 fixed function keys
- 4 Soft keys (context sensitive)
- Keypad with 12 keys
- Tiltable TFT color display (QVGA)
- Red call signalling LED
- 19 red LEDs for key signalling
The impressive OpenScape IP 55G Desk Phone is a great example of OpenScape’s HD conferencing solutions. It’s easy to use, and comes with a range of great features including remote administration and local telephone books. Have you used the OpenScape IP 55G Desk Phone before? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!