Carrier Grade Mobile for Enterprise: MaX by Metaswitch Review
Meet MaX, your solution for carrier-grade mobile communication
It’s hard to ignore the popularity of smartphones and mobility in our day-to-day live. Not only do we stay glued to our mobile devices all day long in our personal lives, but we’re starting to bring these devices into our professional lives too, particularly as trends like BYOD and remote working become more prominent.
Currently, more than 50% of workers are working away from the main office for around 2.5 days out of the week. On top of that, a study by Metaswitch suggests that 97% of employees user their mobile phones for voice communication with customers, while another 67% use the same device for instant messaging with clients.
Metaswitch, a world leader in native cloud communications and software, recently delivered their “MaX” service for businesses in search of a better way to bring mobile into their telephony environments.
Features & Benefits
MaX, the new solution from Metaswitch could be a way for companies to securely bring cloud-native, carrier-grade mobile services into their business environment, eliminating the poor-quality voice delivered by over-the-top applications. MaX blends smart dialler functions in the smartphone with network-based service for messaging and voice, group communications and collaboration
- Multi-device support for SMS and voice
- Native dialler
- Cross-platform support for both iOS and Android
- BYOD support for modern businesses
- Multiple identities for SMS and voice
- Network-based intelligence
- Incoming call management
- Call transfer/Call join
- Network voice support
- Group chat, location sharing and presence
- Group feed of team activities
- Shared business identity
- White label mobile app
- Team admin and policy control within the device
- Compatible with 2G/3G and VoLTE
- Cloud native VNFs
- Support for existing interconnect, billing, emergency, mobility and regulatory requirements
The MaX service could revolutionise the telecoms experience for companies around the globe by finally allowing them to tap into the ubiquity of mobile devices. The service allows mobile network operators to deliver meaningful value differentiations for their business, create greater loyalty among their consumers, and drive stronger experiences for organisations of all shapes and sizes. For mobile network providers, MaX is the simple way to contend with OTT apps and services, through an advanced UX. Operators can extend their brand, generate new revenue from the mobile network, and expand their go to market, without having to worry about a complicated deployment strategy.
Options Currently Available with MaX by Metaswitch
As innovative as the MaX service is, it’s still only in trial format with mobile operators around the world. Currently, MaX trials are underway in Europe, North America, and Asia, and there are three deployment options available to suit a range of market strategies.
- MaX Business: This version of MaX allows employees in a small or “micro” level company to access different mobile devices when they’re interacting with customers. With MaX business, smaller organisations can share a single business number, and share services across a range of devices for instant collaboration and stronger multi-channel customer service
- MaX Family: The “Family” version of MaX allows everyday consumers to create a traditional “fixed” line experience using a host of different mobile devices. The system includes collaboration feeds for conversations between users, and private messaging too. You can even create temporary numbers and identities when necessary
- MaX Prosumer: The final option “MaX Prosumer” allows individuals who are switching between multiple mobile devices in their business and personal lives or relying on various SIM cards to get better support from their MNOs. MaX Prosumer offers a multi-persona solution that stretches across numerous mobile devices
Target Market & Regional Availability
Though Metaswitch is based primarily in the UK, their services, including the intuitive MaX solution is available in regions across the world. Currently, the service is being tested in Asia, Europe, and North America.
Designed to suit a range of environments, MaX is primarily created for Mobile Network Operators who want to be able to support customers from various backgrounds, including the modern “Prosumer”, and the business world.
How to Buy & Pricing
To get a price for the Metaswitch MaX service, mobile network operators will need to contact Metaswitch directly. The brand doesn’t post pricing online, as this would detract from the ability of MNOs to choose their own price points.
FAQ & Finishing Thoughts
It’s hard to deny that MaX by Metaswitch is a truly ground-breaking solution for the world of mobile connectivity and communication. As businesses and consumers alike become more reliant on their mobile devices to complete everyday tasks, Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) are in a unique position to offer something through MaX that has never been available before. With group calling, multi–persona features, and communication and collaboration services, MaX may be the ultimate differentiator for today’s MNOs.
Q: Is MaX Scalable?
A: MaX by Metaswitch is a cloud-native solution designed specifically for mobile network operators who need to be able to adapt quickly to the changing needs of their consumers. MaX is container-packaged, dynamically managed, and oriented around microservices, so it’s highly resilient and scalable.
Q: What is Multi-Persona?
A: One of the most commendable features of MaX by Metaswitch is it’s “multi-persona” service. MaX gives modern users the chance to use multiple lines or identities on the same phone, without having to switch SIM cards. Multi-persona simply means that Metaswitch uses network intelligence to manage identities through MaX and route calls correctly according to the needs of consumers.
Q: How Does MaX Support Business Users?
A: MaX is designed not just for convenience BYOD communication in the modern business world, but also robust collaboration too. As well as being able to connect with their customers and colleagues on their preferred device, business users with MaX will be able to stay connected to their teams on the go with instant messaging and group chat services. This could be the ideal solution for companies who need to send employees out into the field, or those who have remote workers around the world.
Have you experienced MaX by Metaswitch yet? Let us know what you think in the comments below.