8×8 Appoints Experts to Help with Global Sales Organisation
Industry executives take on crucial strategic positions
We all know that great business requires great strategy, particularly in the highly competitive UC world. 8×8 has taken that concept to heart recently, by making some careful changes to their current company hierarchy. One of the world’s leading providers in Unified Communications, 8×8 recently announced that they had appointed various executives into the global sales organisation for the brand.
Undoubtedly, the hope for the company is that these new promotions, alongside the careful adjustment of their plans for marketing and engineering segments, should help to boost revenue growth and sales momentum throughout the organisation.
Leveraging the Power of Expertise
8×8 are known for their creation of a single unified platform for collaboration, video tools, contact centre solutions, and cloud communications, designed to enhance IT efficiency. The company recently delivered their new 8×8 Virtual Office Editions in an attempt to further revolutionise the communications space with simple and effective services.
By reducing the silos in communications that have existed throughout the years as a result of more fragmented collaboration solutions, 8×8 hope to help companies run businesses in smarter, faster ways. Now, they’re hoping to access the same productivity and efficiency in their own organisation, by bringing world-class teams together in engineering, marketing, and sales.
With the official completion of their senior leadership team, 8×8 believes they’ll be able to implement further strategic initiatives that will help them to boost revenue growth and adoption throughout the world.
Introducing the New Experts
To improve the results of the overall experience, 8×8 will be realigning the company into two sectors, one focused on Enterprise & Midmarket customers, and one centred on eCommerce and small business. These units will be managed by Vice Presidents Scott Sampson and Samuel Wilson respectively and should help to align demand generation services, profitability and revenue growth, and more. The most recent hires include:
- Samuel Wilson: Senior Vice President for eCommerce and Small Business, responsible for all sales in this sector, with a goal to improve productivity and growth. He comes to 8×8 from MobileIron, where he was part of the team that took the business from annual billings of $26 million to $200 million
- Scott Sampson: Senior Vice President of Enterprise & Midmarket, responsible for all efforts to expand sales in this area with a stronger focus on channel relationships. Sampson has over 25 years of experience in the software industry, with a proven record of success in sales. He’s previously held management and executive positions at IBM
- Rick Boyd: Vice President of Midmarket sales in North America, responsible for driving better sales, demand generation, and sales execution in this area. He joins 8×8 with more than 25 years of management and sales experience, recently serving as Vice President of Client Sales at ShoreTel
- Kyle Dipentima: Promoted to Vice President of Enterprise sales in North America, Kyle is responsible for accelerating growth in the U.S. He has more than two decades of experience in enterprise sales, as he recently led the 8×8 Eastern Region team
- Brendan Maree: Responsible for improving on the initial success 8×8 have achieved in New Zealand and Australia, to grow presence within the region. He comes to the company from Interactive Intelligence, where he was Senior Vice President of New Zealand, Australia, and Japan
- Sharon Maslyn: Promoted to the position of Vice President for EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa), Maslyn will continue to boost enterprise, channel, and midmarket sales across the UK, and will now take on the challenge of the Middle East, Europe, and Africa. She brings more than 20 years of sales management experience to the role