Mersive Releases Gen3 Pod & Solstice 4.0
New breakthroughs in performance and functionality
Leader in collaboration and wireless content sharing solutions, Mersive Technologies recently announced that it had begun shipping out its new Gen3 Pod, which includes the updated version 4.0 Solstice software.
The Founder and CTO at Mersive, Christopher Jaynes, commented that the Solstice Gen3 Pod will allow customers to transform the usability and design of their meeting rooms while reducing the complexity and cost of traditional systems. With the Gen3 pod, users will have access to multiple integrated functions that would typically require external hardware, all in a single platform.
The Gen3 pod extends the Solstice platform application space, allowing for a greater variety of room types, more support for a range of user preferences, and additional use cases.
Introducing the Gen3 Pod
The latest version of the Gen3 Pod comes with ShareSwitch, a solution which works alongside HDMI-Input to provide simultaneous control and sharing of wired and wireless content. Additionally, Gen3 Pod also supports dual displays, 4k streaming, Power over Ethernet (PoE), and more. The new solution also comes with Solstice 4.0 software, which increases playback, connectivity, and sharing performance to ensure a stronger user experience.
The Solstice 4.0 integration also includes the arrival of new end-user features like Solstice Ink, which ensures that users can collaboratively mark-up, and highlight displayed content from any point in a room by just drawing with a smartphone.
Other features include:
- Simultaneous HDMI input with ShareSwitch – this ensures that hard-wired sources of content can add collaborative streams into the Solstice session alongside wireless content sources
- Dual HDMI output configured to extend or mirror solutions. In the extended mode, users can post across multiple displays. Control for both shows will be supported by a drag-and-drop interface
- 4k Ultra HD ensures that users can stream their content in true 4k to connected screens
- PoE+ removes the demand for external power adaptors and wall plugs
- Powerful quad-core processor supports a range of simultaneous videos shared within the organisation
- Miniature stereo audio output solutions supports any external audio room systems.
The in-product international support has also been expanded to included 16 languages.
All of the award-winning features that customers expect from Solstice are available on the Gen3 Pod platform, including in-room calendar integrations, digital signage, interactive content control, and more. The Solstice 4.0 solution comes pre-installed into the Gen3 Pod, or it can be downloaded into an existing pod with a Solstice subscription.