Cisco Webex DX80 Review: Desktop Conferencing
In an environment defined by globalisation and remote working, promoting effective collaboration can be tough. Today’s employees need an immersive way to connect across geographical boundaries, and most of the time, they need these connections to go beyond voice.
While voice continues to be a dominant component of the communication landscape, video meetings allow for greater context and nuance in any team conversation. The Cisco Webex DX80 is a device specifically designed to facilitate the next level of communication in a distributed workforce. With the Cisco Webex DX80, you can feel as though you’re in the same room as your co-workers, regardless of your location.
Features of the Cisco Webex DX80
The Cisco Webex DX80 offers an exciting and immersive new approach to teamwork that promotes no-compromise collaboration. High-quality video delivered over a 23-inch touchscreen makes it feel as though your team members are sitting right by your side, and there’s no need to invest in an additional IP phone.
The Cisco Webex DX80 is a video conferencing peripheral that’s sleek, sophisticated, and brimming with ways to update your business conversations. The all-in-one desktop collaboration display features everything you need for HD video, unified communications, and more. Capabilities include:
- Dedicated always-on HD video communication system
- Integrated IP phone
- High-quality audio system for your speakerphone
- 23-inch 16:9 screen
- Multi-touch capacitive touchscreen
- Self-provisioning device for out-of-the-box functionality
- Flexible registration models (cloud and on-premise)
- Cisco Expressway access for secure conversations with remote workers
Benefits of the Cisco Webex DX80
The Cisco Webex DX80 is all about next-level communication and collaboration. With an innovative 23-inch screen display, you can enjoy best-in-class video and audio capabilities as you’ve never seen them before. Some of the benefits include:
- Whiteboarding and annotation features: You can share and collaborate on whiteboard content with your team members in an immersive and shared environment. Meeting participants will also see shared whiteboards as on-screen content and can edit content on their paired Webex apps.
- High-quality monitor: The 23-inch screen offers an HD resolution, and it can be used as an external monitor when plugged into your laptop. The system comes with a high-contrast LED panel with full-touch surface and high-contrast LEDs. The screen is also available to incline so that you can tilt for an easier drawing experience
- Content sharing: At the touch of a button, share multimedia documents and presentations. While on calls, you’ll be able to see your laptop screen and share everything in full HD with the on-screen control features
- High-performance: Everything about the Cisco Webex DX80 is designed for high-quality collaboration, including full-duplex full-band audio, HD video, and content sharing and more. All that, and provisioning and configuration are easy thanks to the Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server
Target Market & Regional Availability
Cisco serves companies with state-of-the-art technology around the world, with offices in the Middle East, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and North America.
The Cisco Webex DX80 video conferencing and collaboration endpoint is ideal for anyone who needs to engage in immersive experiences with remote team members and dispersed clients. The surface makes it easier to collaborate on complex projects whether you’re growing a small business or managing a larger enterprise.
How to Buy & Pricing
There are no prices currently available on the Cisco website for the Webex DX80. However, you will be able to purchase the endpoint from a local reseller. The site also offers the option to request a call from Cisco’s “presales” team.
FAQ & Finishing Thoughts
If you’re looking for a solution that will help you to take your business collaboration experiences to the next level, then the Cisco Webex DX80 could be just the solution you’ve been searching for. For a fully-immersive video conferencing and annotation experience, the 23-inch screen offers teamwork opportunities that you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Q: How easy is set up and deployment?
A: Setup and deployment are quick and easy, provided that you’ve got your DX solution registered by an admin. You’ll be able to configure the device by yourself, and it’s possible to register the Cisco DX80 or DX70 to the Unified Call Manager or Cisco Video Communications Manager services. You can also register the devices to the cloud using the Cisco Webex platform, while remote workers register to the Cisco Expressway.