Upgrading Your Audio: AudioCodes 445HD Review
Everything you need to know about the AudioCodes 445HD
Though the world continues to embrace the cloud and software solutions to make the most out of today’s communication services, there’s still a place for the right IP phone on any professional desk. Contact centres, enterprises, and even companies with an immersive UC stack all rely on the right endpoints to help bring their communication infrastructure to life.
AudioCodes has a history of delivering state-of-the-art voice solutions for businesses and service providers around the world. Their 400HD series of IP phones is a testament to the company’s expertise, featuring HD voice, centralised management and full integration with Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business. Here, we’ll take a look at the capabilities of the 445HD IP phone.
Features & Benefits
The 445HD IP phone from AudioCodes is part of their wider 400HD IP Phone range, optimised for use with Microsoft intelligent communications tools such as Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business. The 445HD phone is one of the higher-end models, perfect for companies looking to add high quality voice capabilities to their Microsoft set-up to improve their customer and colleague collaboration, including user presence monitoring and instant one touch access to join calendar meetings. This premium desk phone comes with a range of fantastic features, including:
- Compatible with Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business
- A 4.3-inch colour LCD screen with support for multiple languages
- 6 programmable multi-function keys
- 4 context sensitive soft keys
- 12 programmable speed dial keys with presence monitoring
- Dedicated LCD sidecar displaying contacts and their presence
The 445HD IP phone also features a number of common capabilities present in the rest of the 400HD series, including:
- Simple user interface to drive user adoption and productivity
- State-of-the-art security
- Full duplex speakerphone
- SILK and Opus codec support for high quality voice
- Centralised management using AudioCodes IP Phone Manager application
- USB headset support for Jabra, Plantronics and Sennheiser headsets
- GbE support
- External power supply or PoE
- Network Interface: 2 LAN RJ-45 10/100/1000 Base-T
- Power Requirements: AC 100V-240V, +12V DC, 1A Power adapter (450HD: +12V DC, 2A) and/or Integrated Power over Ethernet
- Wideband Audio: G.722, SILK2, Opus
- VoIP and Signalling, SIP Subscribe Notify, BLF, Presence, MWI. SIP, SOP, DNS_SRV, Early Media
- Security: Configuration file encryption, PC Port disable, SIP over SRTP and TLS, 802.1x, HTTPS
- Data protocols: QoS/ToS, HTTP/TTPS/DHCP, TCP, IPv4, ICMP, Static IP, 802.1x, IEEE 802.1p/Q, VLAN, LDAP, FTP/TFTP, CDP/LLDP, UDP, RTCP-XR, SRTP,
- Telephony Interface: USB port for headset, DHSG, RJ-9 Headset Jack,
- Management and provisioning: Web server, Mass Deployment with Global server, Provision URL via SIP, Configuration updates via HTTPS, HTTP, TFTP, FTP, and DHCP options,
Target Market & Regional Availability
AudioCodes operates globally through it’s network of certified channel partners. The 445HD is therefore available across Europe, MEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
The AudioCodes 445HD IP phone is also available as part of the IP managed phone solution from AudioCodes, which is designed to simplify the creation of a modern telephony stack by making IP phones a managed entity, simplifying the deployment, provisioning and management of your IP phone solutions.
How to Buy & Pricing
The MSRP for the AudioCodes 445HD IP phone is $305. The 445HD and the rest of the devices in the AudioCodes 400HD series aren’t available online. If you want to get a quote for your business, you’ll need to contact one of AudioCodes’ impressive community of certified channel partners, you can find them on the AudioCodes website,or you can get in touch with your local AudioCodes team.
FAQ & Finishing Thoughts
The full range of IP phones available from AudioCodes in the 400HD series is perfect for companies who want to enhance their unified communications environment, especially those invested in Microsoft intelligent communications (Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business). There’s something for almost every budget, including those who need a high-end device. The 445HD IP phone is a premium option for unbeatable voice quality and productivity.
Q: What are IP Endpoints?
A: An IP endpoint is any component that allows you to connect to your VoIP strategy in a modern telephony environment. IP endpoints generally include conference phones, headsets, desk phones, softphones, and speakerphones.
Q: Which type of user is the 445HD IP phone most suitable for?
A: The AudioCodes 445HD IP phone offers highly reliable and immersive communication for knowledge workers and users of Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business. The 445HD enables users to browse calendar appointments, easily join meetings, view the presence and status of colleagues and conduct high quality voice calls. All wrapped in a premium IP phone package. Whether you work in a small business or large enterprise, if you are collaborate using Microsoft intelligent communications, then the 445HD is a great choice for you.
Have you tried the AudioCodes 445HD device yet? Let us know what you think in the comments below!