Rob Reviews the Latest Plantronics Voyager 8200 UC Headset – Live, Work & Learn
Rob reviews the latest UC Headset to emerge from Plantronics
If you’re anything like me, I love listening to music, I listen to audio books whilst I’m on the go, and I speak to a lot of people week to week using team collaboration software / UC apps. Having a good mix of things I enjoy whilst working gives me balance and ultimately drives productivity.
Plantronics recently unveiled their latest headset tech, the Voyager 8200 UC headset which combines all the above tasks (and pleasures) into one very comfortable communications experience. I recently got my hands on a set, here’s my review of Plantronics’ new and very cool headset.
Known for their exceptional-quality audio pieces, Plantronics has recently announced the formal release of their impeccable Voyager 8200 UC headset. On looks alone, we’re already excited about the potential that this amazing new tech has to offer. As a solution designed to help you upgrade your audio quality both at work and at home, it’s a truly versatile piece of tech for the digital era.
When it comes to noise cancellation and CX, Plantronics know what they’re doing. The latest premium product comes with a “boomless” design that’s intended to give you a completely seamless listening experience, regardless of whether you’re catching up with colleagues on a voice conference, or you’re listening to your favourite tunes on the way home from work.
With plenty of aesthetic appeal and all the tech you could ask from an enterprise-ready headset, the Plantronics Voyager 8200 UC device was something we couldn’t wait to get our hands on here at UC Today.
Disclaimer: The opinions offered in this article are that of the writer’s alone. We do not sell Plantronics headsets. Please feel free to share your own opinions in the comments below.
The Key Features of the Voyager 8200 UC
From a visual perspective, the Plantronics Voyager 8200 UC headset is difficult to ignore. Its bold design is sure to make you feel stylish, regardless of whether you’re hanging out in your local coffee shop, or you’re working in the office. Of course, Plantronics isn’t just known for their great designs, but their exceptional quality too.
The Voyager 8200 UC headset was intended to help employees and home users alike block out the frustrating distractions of everyday life. The brand believed that whether you’re on a long commute, or taking a call from an important client, you shouldn’t have to compromise on audio quality. The Voyager 8200 UC delivers that quality, in comfort and style.
- A boomless design which uses omnidirectional dual-paired microphones to block out all distractions.
- Enhanced audio alerts so you can mute your call, check connection statuses, and even set the system up to announce caller names during a conference.
- Wireless battery life of up to 24 hours listening time, along with a 3.5mm cable for when you need to plug and play.
- Bluetooth connectivity which means that you can sync up to your Mac and Windows computer, along with a number of IP phones through the BT600 USB audio processor. You can even use the Voyager 8200 UC headset with your smartphone.
- Wireless range of up to 30 metres from any Class 1 Bluetooth device.
- Dual-mode ANC so you can choose the most effective and comfortable active noise cancelling strategy for your current environment.
- Smart sensor detection which means that your headset knows whether it’s being worn. In other words, if you take your set off mid-song, the Voyager will pause your music for you until you put it back on.
The list of features is practically endless.
What We Like About the Plantronics Voyager 8200 UC
As a part of the overall “Voyager” range, the Voyager 8200 UC is an incredible piece of tech, perfect for both everyday consumers and business users alike. Whether it’s the sleek design or the great voice quality, it’s hard to decide which feature is the most compelling, but here are some of our favourites:
- Comfort: The contemporary cushioned design of the Voyager 8200 UC headset makes it an absolute delight to wear. Whether you’re working in your car, or you’re listening to your favourite podcast, the simple Boomless design is so cosy, that you could find that you forget you’re even wearing this headset.
- Rich Audio: Ultimately, when you buy a headset, the one thing you’re looking for above all else is audio quality. This is even more significant for businesses, who need to ensure clarity on their calls. The Voyager 8200 UC gives you a full range of natural-sounding tones which block out the distractions of the world around you.
- Amazing voice quality: At the same time, if you’re using your Plantronics headset to communicate with co-workers and customers, you don’t have to worry about any distortion, the dual-mode noise cancelling microphones make sure your voice is crystal clear.
- Connectivity: If you need to connect to both your phone and your computer at the same time, the Voyager 8200 headset gives you that option. There’s a dedicated button to help you mute your voice, and a voice that reminds you you’re on mute if you start talking.
- Customisable options: The Plantronics Voyager 8200 UC Headset can connect with the Plantronics Hub app for Android and iPhone. That means that you can use your app to select things like feature settings, mute notification tones, language preferences and more with just a few taps.
- Compatability: Use this headset with many of the latest unified communications platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, RingCentral Glip, Fuze, Unify Circuit, Mitel MiTeam, Google Meet, 8×8, Avaya Zang, ALE Rainbow, Slack, Lifesize, Polycom, BlueJeans, Cisco Spark, BroadSoft Team-One and many more!
Who Is the Plantronics Voyager 8200 UC for?
The great thing about the Voyager 8200 is that it’s really designed for anyone. While it obviously has its benefits as a business headset for professionals who want to block out the sounds and distractions of people around them, it also has its value as a consumer product too. Whether you’re listening to music at home and you want to really tap into some meditation time, or you need complete focus on a conference call, you can rely on the Plantronics Voyager headset.
UC Today’s Opinion
Ultimately, if you’re looking for a headset that you can carry with you through all aspects of life, then it’s hard to find much better than the Plantronics Voyager 8200 UC. This action-packed headset is simply brimming with features that make it incredibly appealing to everyday consumers and business users alike. It’s basically the best of both worlds.
If you can’t afford to compromise on audio quality, or you want to make sure that every conference call you have is crystal clear, then we have to recommend using this headset.
Have you tried the Voyager 8200 UC out for yourself? Do you agree with our assessment? Share your comments below and share this article with your friends to contribute to the conversation!