Sennheiser SDW 5016 Review: Amazing Headset Audio for Business Users
We review the intuitive Sennheiser SDW 5016
As the workplace continues to change, it’s more crucial than ever for companies to give office workers and agents the support they need through intuitive software, and innovative hardware. The right headset can eliminate distractions in the contact centre space, ensure better communication in the office, and provide convenience and comfort throughout the workday.
As a leader in audio communications, Sennheiser are at the head of the pack when it comes to offering unique modes of communication and collaboration. Today, they’ve delivered a brand-new opportunity for knowledge workers and industry agents, in the form of the SDW 5016 – a headset designed for the future.
Today, we’ll be reviewing the SDW 5016 headset from top to bottom. Remember, we don’t sell these headsets at UC Today, and our opinions are our own. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below!
Who Is the SDW 5016 For?
The SDW 5016 is a beacon of flexibility in the modern office space, capable of connecting to softphones, PCs, desk phones and mobile phones alike. It comes with state-of-the-art voice detection technology, and a two-microphone system to make every conversation as clear as possible.
Ultimately, if you’re wondering who can benefit most from the SDW 5016, you’ll find that this headset can support just about any professional who needs high-quality audio on the go. The wireless DECT headset system provides future-proof flexibility for the mobile worker, along with exceptional security to give the enterprise greater peace of mind.
Features of the Sennheiser SDW 5016
Perhaps one of the most feature-rich headsets on the market, the Sennheiser SDW 5016 comes with everything you need to make the most out of your workplace conversations, including the ability to manage all of your calls from a headset with triple connectivity options to mobile phones, desktops and computers. Other features include:
- A FlexFit system for absolute comfort – even if you’re wearing your headset for 10 hours a day
- 3 wearing styles – headband, neckband and ear hook
- Super wideband sound for natural and crisp sounding conversations
- Speech intelligibility with a two-microphone noise cancelling system
- Pioneering voice detection technology
- Acoustic shock protection with Sennheiser ActiveGard
- Busy light on the headset
- Easy configuration and IT management with HeadSetup
- Enhanced security with 128-bit authentication, DECT security certification and Protected pairing
- Wireless range of up to 590 feet
- Phone conferencing with easy set-up of up to 4 x SDW 5000 headsets
- Full 10-hour talk-time capability
- Fast charging – up to 50% battery within 30 minutes
What We Love About the SDW 5016
Today’s office workers are looking for something that looks great, feels great, and offers them the full support they need for clear and effective communications. The Sennheiser SDW 5016 headset offers all of that and then some, with a full feature set designed for the modern employee. Some of the features I loved most when I was testing this headset include:
- Exceptional flexibility: Answer calls instantly from a single device with the benefit of triple connectivity for softphones, mobile devices and your desk phones too. With the SDW 5016, you can choose your own setup preferences using your base station as a gateway for your preferred source of audio. You can also connect a wired speakerphone or headset to a headset using the USB base station port. Speaking of flexibility, you can also wear the headset however you like too, with neckband, ear hook, and headband options available
- Incredible sound: A great headset can’t accomplish much without clear and effective audio. The SDW 5000 series comes with incredible sound through its super wideband offering, allowing you to get clarity, unlike anything you’d typically experience in the business environment. You can hear unique conversational nuances, as well as a rich and natural sound for multimedia and standard VoIP too. There’s a two-microphone noise cancelling system built in, along with state-of-the-art voice detection technology – ideal for noisy call centres
- High productivity features: Thanks to the incredible communication you can get from the SDW 5016, you won’t have to worry about your employees having the right mode of connection available to them when they need to collaborate. The smart headset and base station helps work flow smoothly, with easy set-up for everyone involved. The system comes with a “HeadSetup” system to simplify the process of adding new end-points to the mix for IT managers, so you have complete control over your configurations. Additionally, the 5016 comes with a busy light to reduce interruptions. For your UC system, the SDW 5016 is also certified for Skype for Business
- State of the art security: Security is always a concern for any business – particularly in a world where customers are more anxious than ever. The SDW 5016 from Sennheiser comes with a selection of advanced security systems built-in to ensure that all communication remains fully confidential. The SDW 5000 series is DECT certified, and it also comes with a special design that focuses on secure The authentication process of the 5016 also uses 128-bit encryption keys and Protected pairing to ensure that sensitive data can’t be accessed over the air. The HeadSetup Pro manager system also allows IT experts in the team to disable Bluetooth and conferencing modes on the headset when necessary
- Personalisation: There’s even a space to put your own name tag on the headset!
Where can I get more information?
Take a look at the Sennheiser website. Check out the video:
UC Today Opinion
If you’re looking for convenience and comfort as well as exceptional audio performance, then you can’t go wrong with the latest SDW 5016 solution from Sennheiser. A compelling headset option for conference calls, call centres, and office workers alike, this DECT headset system provides complete flexibility for modern office professionals who can’t afford to be tied down or restricted by a substandard headset. Certified for Skype for Business, I am also using this hedset setup with Microsoft Teams, with no issues.
As the business environment continues to evolve, and mobility becomes more essential, the Sennheiser SDW 5016 provides the security and flexibility that modern companies need. On top of that, it comes with all the comfort you could want from a headset you may wear for 8 to 10 hours at a time.
Have you tried the SDW 5016 yet? How do you feel about it? Let us know in the comments below.