Pexip Video Conferencing Review – Quality Meetings
Pexip is a simple to use option to address your video conferencing needs
Pexip came into being by the merger of two companies – 2012’s Pexip, a video infrastructure specialist and 2011’s Videxio, a cloud video service provider. Both companies were started by industry veterans who decided to use their vast video conferencing experience to challenge the traditional roadblocks in video conferencing (cost, use, management, and scale).
Pexip has both self-hosted and as-a-service deployment options, built on its flagship Infinity technology. According to the company’s official stance: while technology and workplace habits have come a long way over the years, connectivity and collaboration across locations remain a key issue. Pexip seeks to solve this through best-in-class interoperability including Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, and Google Hangouts. Pexip provides a state-of-the-art meeting and calling service as well as video system device registration.
Let’s explore Pexip’s roster of features.
- Host group video meetings – With Pexip you can host/join video meetings using intuitive conference management, pushing for better productivity
- Action content sharing – You can share presentations or app windows with others in a meeting room, regardless of their platform or device of choice
- Talk on group chat – Pexip has a group chat offering for users joining via desktop, web, or mobile
- Enjoy a dedicated app – The Pexip mobile/desktop app lets you video conference across devices
- Plan better with automated scheduling – It integrates with your work calendar and you can share join-in details with a single click
- Easy to use conference controls – The deceptively simple conference controls lets you carry out all the basic functionalities like “locking” a meeting and setting a PIN
- Stream live and record – You can stream content directly from Pexip to a range of third-party platforms using its RTMP streaming integration
- Join in from anywhere – Pexip’s flexible design allows dial-in from a variety of interfaces, including web browsers, video conferencing systems, and Skype for Business
Why Pexip Makes a Difference
Before we dig out Pexip’s USP, let’s push back a little and review what a VMR really is. In its simplest sense, a VMR offers one, single digital space for participants to talk to each other over secure and reliable HD-quality video meetings. You can invite internal and external guests and use the VMR for as many meeting rooms as you need. It can be activated as a shared team resource or a personal VMR, or even a one-time meeting room link.
The best thing about Pexip is that it offers two licensing options:
- As a Managed-as-a-Service subscription with feature-rich video collaboration across devices, without any technical knowledge requirements
- As a self-hosted enterprise software application, Pexip Infinity, which is customisable via deep API and has flexible deployment depending on your choice of cloud or server.
What We Think
The great thing about Pexip Infinity is its simplicity and ease of use. Moving beyond usual call joining complexities, Pexip allows you to get in fast, talk freely, share easily, and collaborate better in a secure environment. It’s also platform/device-agnostic, able to transcode and connect popular audio and video codecs automatically. It seamlessly supports standard-based devices and software clients like Cisco, Sony, Yealink, Radvision, Surface Hub, Skype for Business, Office 365, and more.
Interestingly, the solution lets you integrate with multiple enterprise tools and services such as PowerBI, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, and Cisco VCS. You can also distribute conference nodes across the board and users can choose the most applicable/closest available node, without additional integration or custom development. Further, Pexip is VP8, BFCP, and WebRTC compatible, in addition to VP9, H.264, Opus, and a host of other codecs.
We like how Pexip is simple in design and usage, offering a wide range of must-have features. For companies – big or small – who are scouting the market for a competitive and comprehensive video conferencing solution, Pexip could be the answer. It carries all the things you might need, the two licensing options make quite a difference, and its smart interface and flexibility of implementation are a definite game-changer – no wonder it’s used by seven out of the world’s Fortune Global 50!