Zoom Phone Review: Zoom’s New Calling Option
Phone support from Zoom
One of the market leaders in the video conferencing space, Zoom is well-known throughout the world for its exceptional meeting room solutions. If you’re looking for high-quality video, exceptional usability, and reliability, then you can’t go wrong with Zoom.
Recently, just before their Initial Public Offering launched in April 2019, Zoom announced a slew of new updates for their offering, including updates to Zoom Meetings, upgraded Zoom Rooms, and of course, the advanced Zoom Phone experience.
Here’s everything you need to know about the cloud calling strategy delivered by a brand that puts video communication first.
The Features of Zoom Phone
Zoom Phone is a simple and straightforward cloud-calling solution designed for Zoom users who want to set up quick calls without video. If you don’t need the in-depth meetings you would usually turn to Zoom for; you can launch a quick VoIP call instead, using the same tools that you already know and love.
The Zoom Phone experience turns Zoom into a fully-featured communication and collaboration product, complete with voice, conferencing, messaging, and video in the same solution.
Zoom Phone provides:
- Intelligent call management and routing, so you never miss a crucial conversation
- State-of-the-art applications for both mobile devices and desktop computers
- Auto-attendant and IVR tools to send the right calls to the most equipped agents
- Call recording and voicemail so that you can easily listen to conversations, or read through transcriptions on any desk phone, PC, or mobile device
- Secure HD audio for clear conversations that don’t compromise on peace of mind
- Interoperability with standards-based endpoints from Yealink and Poly
The Benefits of Zoom Phone
Perhaps the biggest benefit of Zoom Phone is how easy it is to use. The tool is designed to be as accessible as the rest of the Zoom experience, so you don’t need to download any complex software to use it. With Zoom Phone, you can transition from video to voice calls with ease – finding the communication strategy that suits you.
- Ease of use for everyone: When you click on your Zoom client, your Phone function will simply appear alongside your Meeting and Chat options. Just click on your phone, enter a person’s name or phone number, and you’re ready to go. It’s simple and straightforward
- Connect to external platforms: You can connect your SIP solution to external platforms from Five9 and Twilio too. This way, it’s easier to manage your call routing options through some of the world’s favourite cloud calling services
- BYOC: Zoom is committed to innovating as quickly as possible for their customers so that they can deliver functionality that suits the entire Zoom experience. The Bring Your Own Carrier, or BYOC option ensures that you can access all the advantages of Zoom Phone through your existing PSTN trunks
- Complete Freedom: Thanks to its integrations and the availability of BYOC, Zoom makes Zoom Phone as flexible as possible for today’s users. According to the Head of Product Management at Zoom, Oded Gal, the solution even means that Zoom Phone can be available in any country – even when localised services aren’t yet available
- Centralised Communication Management: Zoom Phone fits seamlessly into any user’s digital transformation strategy. The system allows companies and business leaders to manage and provision users freely, monitor business interactions, and more in a simple admin portal
Target Market & Regional Availability
Zoom Phone is an excellent solution for any company that already loves the Zoom experience and wants the freedom to be able to use voice calls, as well as video meetings. The Phone system enables employees to interact whenever and wherever they choose, on an app they’re familiar with.
The UK and Australian Beta service for Zoom Phone became available for access per request on the 19th of May. Zoom will be rolling the service out to additional markets in the future.
How to Buy & Pricing
Zoom Phone is available to buy as an add-on to your existing Zoom service. The pricing starts at £10 per month, per user for a single app with access to voice, video, messaging, voicemail, meetings, conferencing, and more. You’ll be able to make and receive PSTN calls over cell data, or WiFi connections. What’s more, Zoom is available through native MacOS, iOS, Windows, and Android apps.
While all standard plans with Zoom come with access to local toll-free numbers, there’s also an Audio Plan available for prices starting at £100 per month. The Audio Plan allows users to add call out, local dial-in, and global toll-free numbers for various countries. There’s no charge to participants on any device, and you can select countries to suit you.
FAQ & Finishing Thoughts
Zoom Phone is a simple and effective way to upgrade your Zoom experience. If you love the video conferencing capabilities of Zoom, but sometimes you prefer the simplicity of an audio call, then this is the app you’ve been looking for. Zoom Phone is easy-to-use and integrates with some of the best call management tools on the market.
Q: How do Zoom Subscriptions work?
A: You’re never tied into anything when you sign up for a service with Zoom. Your plan renews each month or year depending on your term, but you can cancel whenever you choose.
Q: How secure is Zoom Phone?
A: Thanks to a globally-distributed cloud platform, Zoom Phone can offer fantastic HD voice with enterprise-class quality of service and reliability.
Q: Which endpoints does Zoom Phone Integrate with?
A: Zoom can work seamlessly with legacy proprietary systems from Yealink and Poly. Visit the Zoom website to find out which phones are a match.
Q: How do I store Zoom Call Data?
A: If you want to securely store your call recordings from Zoom Phone, then you can access additional Cloud Recording Storage as an add-on feature for your Zoom package. This allows you to download, stream, and store video recordings on the Zoom cloud, with storage options that range up to 3TB per month.