Karmabot Review for Microsoft Teams: A Simple Way to Track Performance
Karmabot launches their application for Microsoft Teams
It seems like everyone is talking about Microsoft Teams lately.
As Microsoft pushes more of its customers towards the cloud and counts down the days to an end of Skype for Business Server, Teams is quickly emerging as the best way forward for businesses invested in the Microsoft stack.
To help ensure that their users get the best possible collaboration and communication experience in a highly competitive marketplace, Microsoft has been consistently adding new features to their Teams experience in recent months. One of the most recent updates is the introduction of “Karmabot,” an exciting in-chat tool intended to support enhanced employee performance.
Karmabot measures both short and long-term performance through simple commands, and the distribution of points called “Karma.” Here, we’ll take a look at what you can accomplish with the new Karmabot integration for Microsoft Teams.
What is Karmabot?
Karmabot helps companies to see the strengths and weaknesses of their teams so that they can build a stronger strategy for future productivity. Both supervisors and teammates can use the application to award each other with Karma points. At specific intervals, such as quarterly or monthly, the points can be added up and converted into tangible rewards like cash, pizza parties, or anything else that appeals to your team members.
The underlying technology behind Karmabot is the “Natural Language Understanding” and machine learning algorithms within the system. With disruptive AIs, Karmabot reads and recognises important information about Karma requests for each user, so it can create profiles for your employees that help you to plan future workflows. The metrics Karmabot recognises include:
The Features of Karmabot on Microsoft Teams
At a basic level, Karmabot is just another way to enhance your Microsoft Teams experience. It provides people within your business with the tools they need to recognise both their strengths and their weaknesses. At the same time, the application gathers actionable HR insights, which you can use to strengthen company culture and performance. The basic features of the app include:
- Points: Teammates and supervisors can award karma points which build towards tangible;
- Profiles: Based on descriptions provided on karma requests, the Karmabot app builds sophisticated user profiles detailing the strengths of your team members. This helps leaders to learn more about the teams they’re working with
- Bonus system: You can convert your karma points into monetary bonuses and rewards
- Visualisations: The Karmabot dashboard helps you visualise essential stats in an easy-to-follow and understand format
What We Like About Karmabot
One of the best things about Karmabot is how easily it integrates into your Microsoft Teams experience. All you need to do to start using the service is to click on this link and log into your Microsoft Teams profile. Once you’re signed in, you merely choose the team you want the Karmabot app to join, and it starts working from the moment you install. Whether you’re a big enterprise looking to track performance from hundreds of employees, or a small business, Karmabot can be a great way to get a better overview of your workforce. Features we love include:
- The Karma Mantra: Karmabot takes a unique approach to the process of awarding points to team members. The “Karma Mantra” means that each team member gets a specific set of points depending on what they do in your business. For instance, you can set the system up to award 20 points if someone delivers a project early. However, they might lose 10 points if that project has errors or doesn’t please the client
- Everyday or team karma: Depending on how your business works, you can choose whether to award karma on an individual basis to a single employee at a time or deliver karma to an entire team working on the same project. This encourages both the playful competition of gamification to your workplace culture while pushing people to work effectively together too
- Measure monthly and quarterly bonuses: You can choose to track the amount of karma each team member gets according to the time frame that suits you. For instance, you can look at quarterly bonuses, monthly karma, and yearly progress. Karmabot automatically tracks all of your employee rewards for you, so it’s easy to see how each person is performing
- Great for annual performance reviews: One particularly useful feature of Karmabot as an extension of Microsoft Teams, is that it gives companies a way to add extra depth to their performance reviews. Team members and supervisors can add a reason to every karma request they make so that the Karmabot system begins to build a profile for each employee based on what they’re good at. For instance, one person in a team might earn a lot of karma for working well in a group, whereas another might earn karma for punctuality. This is ideal for tracking the progress of each employee and even delegating tasks to the right team member in the future
Why Use Karmabot with Microsoft Teams?
Ultimately, if you’re turning to Microsoft Teams not just as a way to communicate, but also as a method of bringing your employees closer together, Karmabot could be an ideal add-on. Using Google machine learning APIs and NLU solutions, Karmabot learns about your staff members and encourages them to grow as your business evolves.
Today, team collaboration and chat apps aren’t just about keeping the conversation going – they’re also about boosting productivity and performance. Karmabot is a way of encouraging your team to work faster, deliver more, and unlock their full potential. Now that the service integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Teams, it couldn’t be simpler to add new insights into your communication stack.
Have you used Karmabot? Let us know your thoughts in the comment below.