Cisco 8865 IP Phone Review
Read about the Cisco 8865 IP Phone
The Cisco 8865 IP Phone is the Californian-based multi-national’s latest tool released to further increase the communication and collaboration capabilities of the discerning business user.
As one of the world’s leading telco developers with an annual revenue of around $49.24billion (2016), there’s much to be expected from Cisco – but how much does the 8865 IP Phone live up to these expectations?
In order to find out, we have decided to write an in-depth review on what it has to offer, what benefits it can bring to businesses and what businesses can benefit most from investing in it.
How does it look?
The 8865 comes in an attractive, ergonomic design in a choice of black and silver or white and silver with the addition of a stunning graphical, backlit, high resolution colour display.
What can it do?
With 720p HD video and wideband audio for crystal-clear voice communications. The 8865 has “always-on” reliability with encrypted voice communications for enhanced security.
The “Cisco Intelligent Proximity” feature means you can use your desk and mobile phones together when you are at your desk. Using this ‘twinning’ feature allows you to move the audio path over to the 8865 from your mobile phone for better acoustics. You could also then share a conversation with a colleague who listens in. Giving you greater flexibility and a superior user experience when at the desk.
- Cisco Intelligent Proximity means you can use your desk and mobile phones together at your workstation
- The 8865 has five programmable line keys. You can configure keys to support either multiple directory numbers or calling features such as speed dial
- The 8865 offers a 5-inch high-resolution (800 x 480) widescreen VGA backlit colour display. With localised language support, including right-to-left on-screen text, meeting the needs of global users
- A five-way navigation cluster helps the user move through menus easily
- Acoustic keys that are backlit provide flexibility for audio path choice and switching
- The phone offers a built-in Gigabit Ethernet switch for both network connection and your PC connection
- The phone also supports locations with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless LAN (WLAN) enabled
- Comes as standard with 2 USB ports so you can charge other devices
- Can be wall-mounted if needed with the addition of the optional wallmount kit
- Expand physical keys and display features with the 8800 series Key Expansion Module range
What do we like most about it?
The Cisco Intelligent Proximity feature means you get the best of both the deskphone and worlds.
Who is it for?
For the discerning business user that wants ‘always-on’ reliability with the added bonus of telephony integration with his or her personal mobile device.
Where can I get more information?
For more information on the Cisco endpoints range, take a look at the Collaboration Endpoints page.
UC Today Opinion
With the 8865 IP Phone from Cisco, users are able to work more freely, communicate at a much more advanced level both internally and externally and implementing it into the infrastructure of a business that is already using phones from the 8800 series is flicking-on-the-light-switch-esque in its simplicity – for these reasons we strongly recommend purchasing it.
Have you had any experiences with the 8865 IP Phone that you wish to share? Do you feel it lives up to Cisco’s world-class reputation? If you have any thoughts you wish to share, please feel free to submit them to our comments & review section below.