Premium Audio & Multi-Device Connectivity with Plantronics Blackwire Line Headsets
Expanded compatibility in Blackwire Series gives professionals flexiblity and confidence
Plantronics, an audio pioneer and communications technology leader, today announced the Blackwire 5200 Series and Blackwire 3200 Series. With sleek, updated designs, professional-grade audio, and a range of product choices at varying price points, the new Blackwire headsets connect to laptops, PCs and smartphones for seamless communication.
“The Blackwire family has consistently delivered for our customers and remains one of our top-selling product lines,” said Gavin Sear, Manager, Global Product Marketing at Plantronics.
“The Blackwire 5200 Series and Blackwire 3200 Series step up the line’s adaptability for the next generation of in-office professionals by enabling them to easily connect to all their devices while enjoying all-day comfort and a high-quality audio experience.”
The Blackwire family of products are designed for people whose work demands that they are connected to their computer or smartphone with the flexibility to switch between devices without missing a beat. Research shows office-based workers are often distracted by ambient noise and interruptions, and they need communications solutions to help them focus.
When professionals select the forward-looking industrial design, premium materials, and lava-red accents used throughout the headset and cords of the Blackwire 5200 Series and Blackwire 3200 Series they get a high-performance headset that assures they can hear and be heard in every conversation along with a new design that conveys competence and confidence to handle even the most critical conversation. The Blackwire Series is designed to work with popular software applications such as Cisco Jabber, Microsoft Skype for Business, and Microsoft Teams across PCs, laptops and smartphones with a headphone jack.
Additional features and benefits of the next-generation Blackwire family include:
- Folding ear cushions and included carrying case for easy on-the-go storage
- Intuitive one-touch call answer/end, volume increase/decrease and mute controls
- Works across a range of devices supporting USB-A or USB-C and 3.5mm connections
- User-friendly audio prompts with language customisation and inline indicator lights alert the user to incoming calls, mute and volume status
- Wideband audio with noise-canceling microphones for high-quality telephony audio
- Compatibility with Plantronics Manager Pro, an additional purchase, that enables IT teams to gain insight into every compatible Plantronics headset being used company-wide
- Dynamic EQ automatically adjusts audio settings between voice calls and music
Features exclusive to Blackwire 5200 Series include:
- Passive noise cancelling to mitigate nearby talking and other distracting noises for greater focus
- Dynamic mute alert, ensuring optimal productivity by sensing and alerting users via an in-ear whisper when they are trying to talk while muted
- SoundGuard Digital enabled by Plantronics Hub software provides additional advanced acoustic limiting protection preventing average daily noise exposure from exceeding 85dBA
- A redesigned headband that was influenced by the Voyager Focus design
Plantronics Manager Pro
With the Plantronics Manager Pro optional Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), IT managers can remotely monitor, manage and maintain the Blackwire family and other compatible Plantronics headsets throughout their organisation, to help ensure users are receiving the best possible voice experience. With Plantronics Manager Pro, IT managers can make sure employees are ready to take every call by configuring the user experience, managing firmware deployments, and using predictive analytics to potently detect compatibility issues before they become critical. Plantronics Manager Pro is available as a subscription service, sold separately from the Blackwire family.
Pricing and Availability
Blackwire 5200 Series will be available this month through Plantronics authorised partners. The single-ear Mono design and dual-ear Stereo design will have an MSRP of £79.99 or £89.99, respectively.
Blackwire 3200 Series will be available in January 2018 through Plantronics authorised partners. Models featuring foam ear cushions with fixed speakers and adjustable headband in the single-ear Mono design and dual-ear Stereo design will have an MSRP of £29.99 or £34.99, respectively. Models featuring the ultra-soft leatherette ear cushions that fold flat for easy storage and include a carrying case in the single-ear Mono Design and dual-ear Stereo design will have an MSRP of £54.99 or £59.99, respectively.
Plantronics is an audio pioneer and a global leader in the communications industry. We create intelligent and adaptive solutions that support our customers’ most important needs: experiencing and facilitating simple and clear communications while enjoying distraction-free environments. Our solutions are used worldwide by consumers and businesses alike, and are an optimal choice for open office environments. From Unified Communications and customer service ecosystems, to data analytics and Bluetooth headsets, Plantronics delivers high-quality communications solutions that our customers count on today, while relentlessly innovating on behalf of their future. For more information visit plantronics.com. The Bluetooth trademark is owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of the mark by Plantronics, Inc. is under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.